Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wndshield weatherstrip.

So on this 1928 Sedan I am re-building what do you guys use for a replacement for the weather seal on the windshield? I see it fits into a groove all around the sides and bottom but have not seen any available that matches the original. Does anyone sell something like what was used or is there a workable substitute?

Where Are You From? Oshawa, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not yet!

Re: Wndshield weatherstrip.

Hi Robin,

Yes, Robin if you type in the search word "wefco" in the block above I have 2 posts, the second post has the contact information and a chunk of their catalogue showing some of their extrusion patterns...We found that the
# 835 (the 3rd from end) is an exact match for at least the '28 and '29 models, the price gets cheaper by the mile... Phil Peters ran across this manufacturer.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Thank you I will check them out.

Where Are You From? OShawa, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not yet!

Thank you very much Bill for the information. I received the weatherstrip for Wefco today and it is spot on.
Best wishes.

Where Are You From? Oshawa, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not yet

The Durant Motors Automobile Club