Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2019 Black Hills Durant Rally --- Update! !!!

ONE QUICK ADDITION to DMAC MEMBERS DRIVING ACROSS SOUTH DAKOTA on I-90 FROM the EAST:

A “MUST” while approaching the Black Hills from the east is the BADLANDS of South Dakota! EXIT 131 works for both the Minuteman Missile Visitors Center AND as the entrance to the Badlands National Park!

OPTION ONE: Take Exit 131, visit the Missile Site Visitors Center; THEN drive the entire Badlands loop (40 miles), which will end at I-90 at Wall, SD, & the famous Wall Drug, (which is 50 miles from Rapid City).

OPTION TWO: Wait until you get to Wall, SD; (Exit 110) then enter the Badlands from that entrance; drive enough miles to get a feel for these rugged, awesome structures of nature; then turn around & drive back to Wall; visit Wall Drug; then continue on your last 50 miles west on I-90 to Rapid City!

Paulette has added even more detailed driving directions.
They can be downloaded from the events page and the link below.

Rick

Driving Instructions

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Two of them

Oh Oh, Hurricane is heading my way here to Central Florida. Due to hit Monday night Tuesday morning, possible Category 3 with winds over 100 mph. Frances and I was scheduled to fly out on Tuesday morning 6:00 AM. Might have to push it to Wednesday maybe. Not the first time an ole Hurricane interrupted a Durant meet for me. The Elizabeth NJ meet the same thing happened. Have to watch the path and then contact the airlines.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Well as of this morning it's now a Category 5 with 160+ mph winds heading for Florida. Expected to turn North but when is uncertain. Expected to be in Central Florida Tuesday & Wednesday. Let's hope it speeds up and moves out. Airports closed Tuesday, don't know about Wednesday. Sure is putting a kink in our vacation plans! Watching and waiting.

Welp, Good luck with the Hurricane, we are hoping for the best...We'll be pulling out of Leavenworth, WA with trailer in tow in just a few minutes..Two nights on the road so we can mosey...Taking I-90 all the way...See Ya'll in a couple.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Bert and sonia just left salt lake city and will stop in Wyoming today. 1 more leg till the party!

Where Are You From? Calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? Locomobile flint durant

Hi All....
Hope everyone has a safe journey to the meet and a great time there.
Unfortunately Cathy and I will miss this one
Enjoy and have a great time....
Cathy & Frank

Where Are You From? Hookstown, PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Mike Babick took these pictures from the DMAC rally. More on our Facebook page.

Rick

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/69726795_10217534939303404_7016877050036224000_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQk23j8szvr7bYEJZwpXJHo4Ea1R5q6PEfCRNIry0hiJfXUKwWTyKO00PpbrblNQSGzY5VlqpcH0ZpfzpixZwa7J&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=16b9cf7d9513019669e77708991f1f6c&oe=5E158291[/img]

Thanks Mike for taking those great pictures of the Meet for many of us that could not attend. It looks like the weather cooperated greatly and everyone had a great time as usual. The Durant Meets are the best and it's always great to spend time with the Durant Family. Sorry I missed it this year but Dorian interfered with Frances and I's plant to attend. Hope everyone has a safe trip home!

Are there any Banquet pictures????

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club