Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What did you do with your Durant today?

Hello, I just got a Durant 60 series project. The engine is in parts and some of them missing. Does anybody has the workshop manual for the straight six 14L engine?
I'm also looking for a carburetor, fuel pumping system, distributor assembly, oil pump spring among others.
This car is the only one in my country thus there are no available parts in the market or any kind of references.
Any hint would be helpful.
Regards.
Max

Where Are You From? Ecuador

Do You own a car built by Durant? Durant 60 series 1929

Hi All....

Cathy & I just returned from a leisurely drive (about 9 hours each way) to Nassanadox Virginia.

We picked up our latest addition. A 1922 B-22 Durant touring. Actually was able to start it and drive it out of the garage.

Cathy has named her "Ginny" because we got her in Virginia.

Pictures to follow when we get a chance.....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

Went down after voting and dropped off my 4 fellows, break drums and 4 rims to have them media blasted. Should have them back by early next week. Guy was very reasonable and I will take the rest of the car to him to have the various parts blasted. Going out today to put the second coat of Varnish on the 48 spokes. It takes about 24 hours between coats and only about 3 more to go. I'm looking at about 5 coats and I'll see what she looks like then. Still looking for that rim and Hayes Lug Bolt so if someone comes up with it give me a yell. Will post pictures of the wheel progress later.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Welp, I have shut down my Flint project for the winter in Leavenworth,WA an am now in Yuma about ready to start back on my '29 model 40 coupe project, I did manage to upholster the seat and door pannels and brought them down with me...The wood framing has been replaced and the body attached but will need to be removed as a unit for final bodywork and painting of both body and chassis....First I plan on doing a little gold prospecting out in the dessert, who knows I might strike it rich.

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 Touring / model 40 Coupe / 25 Flint

Well yesterday I put the 4th and probably final coat of Epithanes marine varnish on my spokes. They look great if I do say so myself. Blaster called me and has my fellows, break drums and rims done. I ordered the Riviera Green paint from TCP Global/ Autocolor library people and my hub bolts from Macs auto parts. So I hope by the middle of next week I will be able to start painting them and then putting them together. Once they are done then I'm on to the front axle disassembly, blasting and painting.

Mike...I am curious how much tighter your spokes will be when you re-assemble your wheels after applying several coats of varnish to the spokes and painting the hubs and fellows.

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 Touring / model 40 Coupe / 25 Flint

Hi Bill, I am too. I was very careful not to sand the parts of the spoke that fit together both at the hub and the fellow. I also only applied one coat of varnish to those parts while I put 4 coats on the other part. I'm writing an article for the Partner on the whole process so I don't want to give too much away ahead of time, but I was careful to number each hub, fellow and each spoke so that reassembly should be OK. Next week I hope to apply paint to the fellows and hub and start reassembly. Stay tuned.

Last weekend , the cable guy finally got to my place to restore phone & internet cable service after being down for several days.

While on the side of the house he asked "What's that" and I told him a 30 Durant 610 and also told him the whole Billy Durant story. Too bad he did not want to buy it and then join our club! ha,ha, his loss!

Last week I picked up a 1971 Volkswagen camper Bus and everyone has asked me if I'm going "Hippy" and going on the road to follow the "Grateful Dead" rock group, ect. (missed all that while in Viet Nam). I just chuckle, but it sure is fun and will be great to take fishing & camping this Spring.

Make Love not War, Peace and Love Brothers!

Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

i have seen a few vw buses for sale around phila and jersey craigslists

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3....2 1929 durant model 60's and a 1925 star F roadster

There is a fella up in Frogjump, Arkansas that uses them for chicken houses,,,,,

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

What am I doing with my Durant today? Leaving them where they are. We are trying to figure out what to do with 9" of snow, 50 uprooted large diameter oaks, the loss of all the food in the freezers and refrigerators after losing power for 7 days.

But, we are surviving.

charlie and peg

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Charlie,
Again my sympathies on your recent spate of very bad weather to you, your wife and neighbors. Good that you now have power and are starting to recover, as are most others up there.

Often after a Hurricane here I really get upset that everyone jumps up and cuts their trees quickly into 3 foot sections. What a huge waste of good trees, then they have to be disposed of by debris removal to a landfill at additonal expense! In a previous storm we had 600 down in my neighborhood area, with over 1200 down just in my town. But our trees are mostly pine, with only a few hardwoods, so not so valuable. However that many mature Oaks that you have are a real boon, they could be saved and reused, thus turned into a recovery asset.

There are many inexpensive portable sawmills available for the small operator and I just wish I could get up there with you to harvest this group of trees by cutting them into 12' or 14' foot lengths. Then we could run them through the portable sawmill, making a tragedy into something usefull. This new added timber would then be much needed and appreciated by all, and this could help in your neighborhood's and area's rebuild process. Turning waste into something needed.

Just a thought from someone down here in Florida, who probably does not understand your local rules, license and other restrictions. Sure would be good as a "New" startup business though, wouldn't it!

Again Stay safe and keep well.
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

Hi all, Hope all are recovering from your storms over there.

As to this thread, I had a very plesant Sunday.

I awoke this Sunday morning after a sleep in to 8am, had a lovely breakfast and with the day being a sunny 24deg and blue skies, dropped the roof on old Ruby, fueled her up and put my wife in beside me... Destination, the Milltown old wood days. Milltown is only 25 miles north of our home and with a pace of 45-50mph it was a lovely drive.

The Milltown wood days is held once a year and raises money for kids with cancer. It is set in the bush. Saturday morning starts with the clysdales draging back large trunks of tree's that have been cut down as they did the old days. From there, all sorts of old style woodworking is able to be seen. from horses on treadmills, large handsaws, one guy on top and the other below in a pit. All old style.

Yes there are some modern ways to compare it against, times have changed. Old fencing using only hand tools and wood, cricket bats made by hand, old machined up axe handles, etc. All in all, a great weekend. They had raised $10000 on the Saturday and i hope they raised similar today.
So arriving in the Rugby we were treated with VIP parking, allowed to go in to the main area, and yes, the Rugby did attract it's fair amount of attention. We spent a few hours there and then headed for home. The Rugby driving so well, I used it the reast of the day for shopping etc.
I've attached some pics for you all.

Take care
Kevin

Where Are You From? Portland, Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D40 Rugby

Wow Kevin, sounds like a great day and and a good day to drive the Rugby. Days like that are the days we all live for. Wife by the side, along with the other love (Rugby), and good weather and a place to go to. And if the car runs great, that's the icing on the cake!

I have a list of projects to complete to the 29 Roadster before I bring the 31 model 619 home from storage. Today I'll try to install the oil pressure gauge I got form Bob in Traverse City and then look for a way to repair the steering wheel or find a new wooden one. The old wood portion of the wheel is old and won't be able to take a larger wood screw to hold it to the spider. I plan is to drill new holes about two inches away from the original holes for a temp fix. But I would like to find a new wood portion wheel, the original one is over 80 years old and will fail someday.

Next I will remove the tie rod, I need to apply heat to both ends in order to turn them out and adjust the frontend alignment. Then I have to remove the radiator splash apron and send it to the painter. That will be a big job that I'm not excited about, but I have to get it done. Then Adjust all of the brakes. I drive the car a lot and adjusting the brakes is something that must be done regularly. Next year I will replace the brake pad after this last adjustment is worn out.

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Sport Roadster

Lance

A portable sawmill sounds like a great alternative to cutting the trees into sections. In our situation, we had 20 large diameter oak trees that were totally uprooted, and to move them from our back yard to where they could be sawn into long boards would have been a large challenge. Getting the equipment back there, and then trying to maneuver a 40' to 60' tree would have been very difficult. We have had several people pick up the short sections for use as fire wood.

Also, a lot of the trees snapped 30' in the air and are or were just hanging, and many of them had to be taken down in sections.

Unless you can get a crane to do the lifting, it would be most difficult to try to harvest the downed trees for lumber, but I would have agreed if someone had the ability to do that.

We and all of our neighbors have power, and are trying to get back to normal, and for some that could take a year or more. But we are Jersey Strong, and we will recover.

thanks to all of you for your concerns and prayers.

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

I've been reading the posts and will give my input on this one. As alot of you know, I have been steady at my project and haven't commented in quite a long time. The finished and complete running gear has been stored and ready for the body to be at the point when it can be mounted to the frame. All of the body wood structure has been machined from rough-cut and dried ash wood and I am in the process of fitting them together and to the sheet metal cladding. The cowl and windshield is fit and the joints are screwed and glued as it originaly was. All four door jambs are in place and doors are hung and fit. The quarter window frames are complete, fitted and mounted in place. Presently I am fitting the rear beltline wood to the rear upper and lower wrap around metal units. Next, the rear seat back upright supports, rear window frame and courtesy light supports will be mounted. The finished roof cross bows material needs to be steamed and bowed to match the original curves. It's been a fun and challenging ride so far as each stage of the restoration process presents itself.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? D75

Steven, I plan to be traveling thru your area on the 30th. Email sent to your box.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? And Now, A 1929 Durant D60

My weekend with the 614 was great, finally back from the paint shop, and short of a bit more black trim around the windows and roof, we're close! Another Durant back from the dead. The pic shows her going into winter storage, until I can get back to the finishing touches in the spring. This one is a Canadian Durant, sold here in my hometown: theres' a spare tire cover advertising the dealership that was with the car, and in useable shape, (we are the second owners)

Where Are You From? Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614

Last week I tested a new video camera mounted on the Roadster's windshield. The camera made the hood look longer and I think I like that. Average speed was 45 mph, but I hit 50 a couple of times. Pretty cold out, the sun was going down and the cold wind wasn't helping.

The video was then compressed for use on YouTube so it lost must of its focus and brightness, but it got the job done.

The film was taken out back of my place on a 4 mile stretch of road on the Fremont Newark border and this is the road I drive most often when I want to take the Durant out for a test drive.

http://youtu.be/FQGWQerMNgM

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 & 1931 Model 619

Hey Rick I could feel the wind in my hair! What hair I have left. Sounds like she was running great!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Hello everyone;

With snow on the ground and all of my projects on the back burner, I've been working on Frank and Cathy's '26 Star Roadster.

The body, doors and deck lid are all in urethane primer awaiting a final block sanding. I'm currently working both rear fenders and once they're in prime, the body can be removed for painting and the chassis work can begin.

I've also recently installed a new variable speed motor on an older paint shaker which I plan to use to clean the inside of gas tanks. I'm not sure how good this will work but I thought it was worth a try!

Jim G.

Where Are You From? Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flints

Jim, That sounds like an original idea on a gas tank cleaner...I was thinkin about rigging up the large Samson windmill that I have in my yard to clean gas tanks, just hook a chain to one end of the tank and the other to the pump staff...Should get good aggitation when the wind blows.

Rick, cool ride in your Roadster...Those Auzzie pistons sound pretty good going up and down.

Happy New Year!

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / '29 Model 40 coup / '25 Flint H-40

I started it up and ran it for a few minutes in the shop. Just keeping the battery up and the oil ciculating--I am going to drive it this summer. It isnt the best restoration but it dont look to darn bad either. I will be doing a lot of cosmetic work on it as I drive it .
Ken

Recently I finished the replacement of all the wood in the body structure and all the pieces are fitted. Some wood work will need to be made to the floorboards after the body is fitted to the frame before painting. The sheet metal cutting and welding repairs have been done to where the former "rust through" areas were and are fitted as well. The paint prep process is about half way complete in scraping the original paint on all the metal surfaces. Moving along at a slow but steady pace on the restoration.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? D75

The painted radiator shell is at the chrome plater. Its been stripped of paint and they're putting in long hours to repair the rust and damage that was covered with bondo...gulp. Sandy's Bumpermart in Syracuse is doing the work. they have done several projects for me and I've been very happy with their professionalism and workmanship.
I was missing internal parts to finish the fuel gauge but Jack Connor had a spare that he brought to Reg Bent for me. The parts gauges are at the instrument rebuilder now so they've run out of excuses not to finish it.
The machine shop rebuilding my motor called to say that the pistons were installed but that we need a new timing chain. We found that Egge in California carries them and were able to 2nd day ship. We keep hoping to have it back together for the Corning show in April but its getting close. I might not meet the deadline but I'll bring another car to show, maybe a Hupmobile or a Packard or two.

Where Are You From? ithaca

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes 614 deluxe roadster

Its been a huge week on the Durant. I picked up the newly rebuilt engine at Precision machine in Cortland NY. It looks stunning, I wish I knew how to post photos-i will try. The expected struggles to insert tab A into slot B took about half a day. Second day worked on getting the tranny and peripherals installed. The radiator shell is still at the chrome plater so we have to temporarily support the radiator to try and start it. Lots of trying to start with no luck. checking the normal things-we have spark,gas ,timing, we tried again to choke it by covering the carb intake with my hand ,it was blown free by pressure coming out the carb...what! checked the compression and found max of 30 lbs and it wouldn't hold. something is really wrong. Called the machine shop and he immediately said that it sounds like cam phasing problem and he would be there in the morning. By noon he surmised that in fitting the timing gears multiple times he inadvertantly installed the cam out of phase then based the distributor setting on those assumptions. A couple of calls to Reg Bent and resetting later the motor was purring.
I open the box of gauges restored in Iowa and found that not only were they the wrong color but the paint was already falling off. I shipped them back and hope that it won't be another year plus to get them back. Credit will be given where due at the end of this project.
We are having a problem with the carb. It is a Stromberg U2 and made of pot metal the cover for the float chamber is falling to pieces. We have covered it with gas tank repair epoxy to try and seal it at least to get to the meet in Corning in two weeks. Please let me know if you have one that you would part with. 607 592 1911
By the time I headed home the chrome plater called and said that the rad shell was ready earlier than expected after weeks of rust removal and damage repair. Perfect timing,I will pick it up in Syracuse tommorrow and install it then.

Where Are You From? ithaca

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes 614 deluxe roadster

Ken
Wow looks like your plan is coming together nicely. Even if she's not running, bring her to Corning so we can see her and you can meet your fellow Durantonians. Don't forget to bring the pictures of her restoration too. Give Frank W. a call. He probably can help you with info on a replacement carburetor. Not sure if he has any left, but he sure can tell you the model number and where to get it.

Where Are You From? Florida

Kenneth, I'm curious. doesn't your radiator directly fasten to the frame using (2) welded bolts that are secured to the radiator then the radiator simply attaches to the radiator with lock washers/nuts and the (2) hoses are additional support?

Where Are You From? Kokomo,Ind.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Speedster

After what seamed like months of sanding I finaly got some color on this little coupe...The color is Malaga Red and was used on early Porsches, it's a single stage urethane, color sanded and buffed, I have just hung it back togather and will haul it back to WA probably this weekend to finish. Still have a ways to go but it's more interesting at this stage....Think it will be a little cuttie when I get the top, landaus and all the bright work on...

photo 3db91665-81eb-457e-9ca3-9a16bc389442_zps9376ef1d.jpg

photo 1f1ae1a7-4c31-4029-aa71-e76f6005a48d_zps1a674949.jpg

This is my Arizona open air paint booth, and yes we have bugs, wind, dust, and an occasional moth that will do the lowcrawl across your fresh paint...

photo fe311382-9ad4-43db-a18c-d573f59e5d4c_zps7c16ca64.jpg

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Your right Bill, it's going to be a real sharp looking car. Hey you still got a Durant connection with the Porche red. Durant did have a plant in Germany at one time!

You are correct Mike, I also may have another Durant connection in regards to the upholstery, I have a Pfaff sewing machine which was built in Germany and were most likely used at that German plant...

Here I'm pleating the seat for the Durant coupe, that's the easy part, sewing the boxings on the ends is the difficult part...Check out my pulley and counter weight system to help tug the moehair through the machine, moehair is difficult to work with.

photo af385050-402d-46e1-87e4-c65b2ce8ff6f_zps0db6d209.jpg

I bought this moehair on ebay (buy it now) very reasonably and they sent samples prior to purchasing... Autumn Wheet for the pannels and Autumn Brown for the seat, the camera flash has distorted the colors...

photo 3c077ea6-ffec-4f9f-9e99-b2a03ba10586_zpsc88dc219.jpg

Membership to DMAC

Not a lot at the moment, putting odds and pieces together as my restoration continues.High light of the week was receiving my membership of the DMAC in the Mail from Bob Smith, Thanks Bob.

Where Are You From? Armidale NSW Australia

I have been spending the last few weeks getting tail lights, fixing headlights, fixing grounding issues, rebuilding the ignition switch, had the starter rebuilt, investigated trunk latches and repair of them, Looked into getting pipe benders to make a support structure for the tail lights (too expensive unfortunately, at least for now) cursed a little over the still glaring lack of a radiator and the lack of funds to acquire one :). Purchased an Ahooga horn. Began a rebuild of that.

Where Are You From? Langley BC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant M2

Gerald
I sent you a private email yesterday. I have an M-2 radiator here that holds water. Needs cleaning and restoration. Not sure how much it would cost to ship it to Canada, but check the email. I can send you pictures if you want them.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Well finally I got the old girl goin' again! Missed out on the Hydro races though,,,, fastest start up after being dry for so long I was really suprised! Do any of you out there rebuild fan assemblys? Mine leaks. Even though I Thought I got it right! Any ideas?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 Durant

Durant got out of the garage today,,First time after I blew a head gasket in five years! A bad thermastat was the culprit for that little mishap. Time went by while I was busy with my day job, gigs, recordings, art shows, social gatherings and oh yeah that Packard with the bad attitude! The Durant just went forgotten. It runs like a champ. Truthfully the Durant has been a very reliable vintage auto with a minimum cost to repair and operate.

by contrast evry thing on the Packard is complicated and expensive.

Jeannes gives The ol' Gurl an UP-DO

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 Durant

Hi Mike, I tried to email your email address, but it bounced on me. I'm not sure why.
You can directly contact me via gfeather@gmail.com and it will give me your proper email.

Gerald.

Where Are You From? Langley BC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant M2

I have basically finished re-assembling the Chassis and motor for Cathy's Star last month, though I haven't tried to start it yet.

The plan was to get the chassis running, moving and everything adjusted before remounting the body...but those plans changed after I realized it would just be easier to mount the body and put everything together correctly than trying to improvise.

photo 100_6397600x452.jpg

photo 100_6407600x452.jpg

Jim G.

Where Are You From? Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flints

Hey Jim, she's looking great! Friday took all my front end and gas tank down to the blaster for cleaning. Should get them back this week sometime I hope, or at least that's what he said. Then paint. Need to find someone to put new brake pads on the 3 brake shoes for each wheel. Right now they have what looks like a regular brake shoe, but I believe they would have originally had a cloth/canvas brake material on them. Not sure any of the local brake places can do this, might have to ship them off. Been searching since Thursday for the Snubber belt material as I posted here on our forum and the AACA forum. I have some leads that I will hunt down today. From what I've leaned the normal antique auto suppliers do not have any 1 1/2" belt material which I need for my Gabriel snubbers. Not sure if all Durants used that size belt, but mine did. They advised that the other sizes will also soon be gone and they are not sure they will ever have any again since the manufacturer has stopped making it and they can't find a manufacturer that will make some for a decent amount. They were quoted a set up and minimum run of $60,000. I'm not ready to start on them yet, but will order what I need if I can find some so I have it. If anyone is restoring a car and needs this size belt, I'd order some now, because you might not be able to find some in the future. Nylon will not work since it does not have the same friction as canvass/cotton belting. I do have a few leads to follow today and hope to get some from these.

Mike

Ok, for an update. Spent the last couple of days, cleaning all my front end parts, in the parts washer, then bead blasting them to get them nice and clean. Started painting those parts that need painting using Eastwood's Extreme Chassis Black. I've received new snubber belt material and ordered and received new brass strips for the inside of the snubbers. (If anyone ever needs various types of metal, I've found a place that will custom cut brass, copper, stainless etc pieces for you.) They were real fast, ordered this brass on Thursday and received it on Friday. Ordered my brake band material, brass rivets for the brakes and copper rivets for the Snubbers. Got a call yesterday that my front end pieces are done, had them cleaned, blasted and painted and will pick them up today. He's still working on my gas tank restoration. As soon as I get this done, then on to the frame and rear end. She's moving along.

Winter is over.Fitted the front Bumper Bar (called this in Aussie) in position, and now have the car booked in on 28th October 2013 to have the hood
Covered, and then the Car will be finished. Have driven the the Car around the the local streets,the experience is just unbelievable,childhood memories keep flooding back as they were great times in our family.I will send it's history and photo's to our Editor when complete.

Where Are You From? Armidale NSW Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a 1924 Durant Rugby Touring. My Fathers first Car.

Started the restoration on my snubbers. Outer case has been bead blasted and primed, some minor glaze or filler and sanding before painting. Snubber material is in. Ordered my brass strips for thin inside of the snubber and set up a template to drill the holes for the rivets to hold the snubber material. Interesting construction. You have the belt material that has brass strips riveted to it in two places. This all coils up inside the snubber and a spring keeps tension on another piece of snubber belt that ads friction to the roll of material to ad tension to allow it to act as a dampner when the vehicle drives over bumps. Who though of this stuff? Found a local source for my hard to find 3/32 1/4" copper rivets for the snubbers and I'm heading there today to pick them up. Stopped by yesterday at the restoration/blasting shop to see what, if any progress has been made on my gas tank. I still have to bead blast some small parts for the tie rod and brake area of my front end then re-assembly.

Just sat in my recliner in the garage and looked at my 1922 Touring. Love it.
OH, I did take the horn off. It needs to be rebuilt.

Where Are You From? Southern IL

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Well not today, but yesterday I put together my front springs. Previously I reported taking them apart, having them each blasted, primed and painted. I needed to replace the front spring clamps and the spring center bolt. I thought I could use the ones for the Model A from Macs, but after ordering them found out they are too small. The back spring clamp is welded to the #4 spring by the factory so it did not need replacing. Going to have to make the clamps I guess, which should not be a hard job. I also ground off all the modern marks on the spring clamp bolts so it will pass the AACA judges scrutiny. The Model A spring center bolt will work perfectly. I sprayed each leaf on top with a graphite spray before reassemble to allow for some lubrication of the spring. They look, real good and I'll post some pictures soon. I've also removed the brake rods from the frame side and have started to blast them in my cabinet. I'm painting them to match the frame with Eastwood's Extreme Chassis Black paint. Seems to be a really great paint. One thing I like about it is that you can by it in quarts for big spray jobs or by both the primer and paint in aerosol cans do spray the small parts instead of firing up the big paint gun.

I finished rebuilding the this piece that controls the clutch, brake peddles and clutch fork. The forks are new pieces I had made a couple of years ago and the nee rods on each end are stainless steel.

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Roadster

Did a little more tweeking on the timing and carb adjstmt.
Vacuum gauge is steady as a rock Hope ya'll had a good T-Day!
I'v got a few days off to play with my cars,,

photo DSCN0112_zpsae751e08.jpg

Yes, I'm from Ecuador, the car is a 1928(9) durant 60 series, 4 door sedan. I don't have complete references or history about it, for sure I know that it mounts a 14L engine made by durant motors and stamped as Rugby. The engine serial number is 14L-100638.
It's a recent project so I'm getting to know this brand and searching for anything that can lead me to a successful restoration.

Where Are You From? Ecuador

Do You own a car built by Durant? Durant 60 series 1929

The Durant Motors Automobile Club