Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Star wheels

If you look at B22 Durant pic's they have 6 bolt rims. Look in DMAC photos under Durant 1922 B22 factory photo's.

You didn't say what the Star caps looked like. Plain star no name used C and earlier F or Star name across the Durant shield on the star 1926 to end of Star.
As you say the Star L Compound Truck shows 6 bolt rims and had 30 x 5 high pressure corded tires.
B22 Durant 6 bolt rims 32 x 4 1/2 tires
A22 Durant 5 bolt rim, early 30 x 3 1/2, later 30 x 4 tires.

As Don said caps probably fit D or S much like the 1916 490 Chev and 1916 Ford T used same wheels and wheel bearings for that year. I mentioned in anther post about my former chums 1931 614 Durant with wire wheels had Chev caps when it was found in Middleville Ont 1963 until we found the Durant ones it should have. My brother wanted to build a trailer to move bedding plants on his nursery so I located 1929 Chev frame and wheels in a quarry to give him front axle and springs. Picked up 1929 Ford A wheels and drums, which fit exactly on the Chev spindles, tossed the rotten Chev wood spoke ones . He used that trailer for years. Just saying a lot of parts fit other vehicles.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Re: Star wheels

On an interesting aside, Twice now, I have acquired wood spoke wheels with Star caps on them. Both turned out to be Model T wheels!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several and one in the "oven"!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club