Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant coupe for sale, not mine

Here's a link to a cute little Durant three window coupe with side mounts that's on C/L in Appleton, WI. See ad for phone number. The asking price is $6,000:

https://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/d/hawkins-1930-durant/6821400580.html

00Y0Y_lDmKvZSUWk2_600x450.jpg

Ad copy:

Was rebuilt about 13 years ago paint job in interior doesn't run right now but nothing serious I don't think

Where Are You From? hookstown pa

Do You own a car built by Durant? Stars Durants DeVaux

Re: Durant coupe for sale, not mine

Looks to be a 1930 deluxe model 614 with decent paint.
Would make a good fountain for restoration.

https://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/d/hawkins-1930-durant/6821400580.html

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Two of them

I REALLY want to go pick up that coupe. It seems perfect for me because I don’t want a show winning trailer Queen, I just want to put it on the road on nice days.
Just trying to find out if the spare wheels he has actually go with the car.
I’m certain that they are like hens teeth with a price tag to match!

Where Are You From? San Antonio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not currently

Kevin .. ask if they are 5 or 6 bolt wire wheels on this 1930 614. If you want it more orig it will need correct taillights, rad cap, rad crest, crank hole cover, step plates to get into the rumble seat. Rear bumper is not Durant and should be twin bars like front. (even if rear spare the bumper bars are open at inner area) Possible luggage rack. Be kind of hard to get into the rumble seat with a taillight on the right side in the one for sale. Need more info and pics of interior / engine area to see what else might need correcting.

Take a look in DMAC photos at Frank Lersch 1932 Model 612 Deluxe Coupe at back view re step plates, bumper, luggage rack. Not sure what year Frank's 612 is 1930 or 31 vin would tell us or piano hinge hood 1930 / chromed hood strip 1931. Can't be 32 with Lansing closed Aug 1931.

If you just want a play thing non orig this is a good start. As Frank says this would make a good foundation for restoration.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Thanks for the excellent advice Norm! You are a cornucopia of useful information.
Hopefully I can get that information from the owner. The spare wheels are my biggest concern because they are obvious to even the casual observer. He might want $9,000 for it if it were running, complete and with title in hand.
I just want something to put on the road and enjoy.

Where Are You From? San Antonio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not currently

The late Gord Taylor owned a 1930 614 sedan in Nova Scotia. Wheels on the ground were 5 bolt with lock ring rims, the fender mounts were 6 bolt regular rim. If you had a flat you couldn't use a 6 bolt on a 5 bolt drum. I suspect this coupe with the dished wheel caps is a 6 bolt. The dished caps / 6 bolt wheels, seem to be mid to late 30, 31, 32. The rounded end caps / 5 bolt early 30. Actually Gord had the rounded caps on the 4 wheels and dished caps on the spares.

Didn't mention before the headlight lenses in the coupe are not Glolite used on US 1930 / 31 and Can 1930 Durant's. Compare those to Gord's Glolite lenses. Its only us Durant owners that know the difference'(s)on the coupe but general public wouldn't. In most cases the normal reply is what's a Durant ? ha ha.

Not sure if 1930 / 31 Chevy 19 inch 6 bolt wires fit our drums but the caps do. My former chum of the 60 / 70's with the 1931 614 Durant sedan, when he got it 1963 had Chevy caps until we found 5 Durant dished caps to replace them.

Here's Gord's former car. You can see the two different caps and wheels.

Gord-Taylor-14-1930
Gord-Taylor-18-1930
Gord-Taylor-24-1930

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club