Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday message to all Durantonians and a very Happy and Healthy New Year.

As Christmas Day quickly approaches and things are getting busy, we're even experiencing a bit of colder weather here in Florida down to 52 degrees last night. I know, I know all of you in the Northern climates and around the world that have feet of snow feel for me but for us that's cold. As we all finish that last bit of shopping and getting ready for our Christmas dinners including us at the Linthicum household, I want to take this moment to wish everyone a very very Merry Christmas, and a very happy Holiday Season. I hope with the ushering in of the New Year all of you are safe, warm and healthy and your year is a good one. The DMAC is like an extended family for many and for many the only time they take a vacation or go anywhere is when they go to a Durant gathering. Also like family we all don't agree all the time but we all have one thing in common. We love these old cars and the fun times when we get together and drive them. I hope this year if your car is under restoration that you are able to complete it. If you car is done, then you drive it more. Get it out there so everyone can see it and admire it! I hope to see many of you at one of the 2019 Durant meets this year throughout the country and the world since our club covers the world.

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday message to all Durantonians and a very Happy and Healthy New Y

We here in the cold north also wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. Even though it's cold outside I had the Star out the other day and it seems to like the cold weather as it run very well. I did get some strange looks from people in nice warm cars. We are looking forward to seeing some of you at the meets coming up this next year.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant, 1928 Durant

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday message to all Durantonians and a very Happy and Healthy New Y

Merry Christmas Mike and all the Durant family from Julie and I. At this time We are high atop the Detroit Renascence Center/GM building (floor 68) for the weekend. Our second escape from the children. We just enjoyed a private tour of Henry Fords early factory, what was a dilapidated building in ruins not long ago and now a fantastic piece of history. We walked the stairs to the office where William Durant visited and Henry agreed to sell the company to Durant, cash agreement. Imagine how different things could have been had that gone through! We then took in the musical “Christas Story”.

I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday and a positive 2019 year. I foresee some great leaps forward with the museum in 2019.

By the way, I have asked Santa for a Flint!

Where Are You From? Brighton MI

Cindi & I want to wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY, PROSPEROUS 2019.

We look forward to seeing all our friends at various meets across the country.

We hope that this note finds you and yours in good health and joyful cheer. And as Tiny Tim said “God bless each and every one of us” - Cyndi & DJ

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club