Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wiring the coil on the W5 4 Cyl.

About ready to try starting this thing up but have a dumb question? Feel stupid but is the + terminal on the coil to go to the distributor? Lots of drawings and wiring diagrams but none show the coils + and- connections. I've got the + side of the coil hooked to the distributor and am pretty sure that's right but just double checking. Dave

Where Are You From? SD

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes a 1927 touring

Re: Wiring the coil on the W5 4 Cyl.

Mine goes from the negative (-) to the distributor. I'm presuming that is correct, the engine starts and runs. :grinning: How close are you to getting the car running? Is this the car you picked up the parts for in Pueblo?

Good luck
Tom

Where Are You From? Grand Junction CO

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Coupe, 1929 Durant 663 and 666

Hi Tom

Thanks for the input and yes the cowl portion and a fender or two is from the Pueblo parts that I got and I'm sure glad I got them as most parts I need are usually 1000's miles away with no chance of looking at them first hand.

Come on up to Hill City, S.D. this fall to the annual meeting and you'll see this car !!!!

Where Are You From? SD

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes a 1927 touring

Glad the parts worked for you. We are planning to be at the annual meeting in SD. See you then!

Tom

Where Are You From? Grand Junction CO

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Coupe, 1929 Durant 663 and 666

The Durant Motors Automobile Club