Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flint Continental engine

I have a 23 Flint with a continental 6E engine, loss of oil pressure and a rod knock means a rebuild is due but I'm having trouble finding any info on this engine at all, I'm hoping to order parts but can't find reference to it anywhere. Any information or leads gratefully accepted.

Where Are You From? Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Flint Continental engine

Hi Heath-there is little information available on most Continental engines-you can look under the Technical Page-Fuel system-Zenith Replacement Carb Chart for basic specifications. Also look under Durantcars-Flint-E55 for more description. Also under Manuals is the 1930 Continental manual for rebuilding engines. Egge in CA does pistons and Olson's in WA does gasket sets. I don't know of any other sources. Hope that helps a little-Phil

Where Are You From? portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

Re: Flint Continental engine

The Durantcars link only shows 500 E-55 Flint cars made(the only Flints from 1923) I'll bet the info from the later E-55 listed would have similiar if not the same engine specs.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

The Durant Motors Automobile Club