Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ZENITH CARB INFO

I have been trying to get some info on replacement carb on forum but keep getting a message
Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate. any one I can talk to on replacing tillotson carb thanks jeff

Where Are You From? orlando ,fl

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: ZENITH CARB INFO

Phil Peters and I worked on the Zenith replacements 2016 and the info is found in Tech page, Zenith Replacement Carburetor Chart.

Continental W4 4 cyl- 130.4 cu. N/A Updraft 2 3/8" model # 68 Zenith PN 14544
Continental W5 4 cyl-152.1 cu. 36@2,400 Updraft 2 3/8" model # 68 Zenith PN 14544

Yes I see going to Zenith site online every addy is blocked for some reason. Try Phil for his contact with Zenith co peterspj82@gmail.com

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

I just purchased a Zenith 14544C carb to replace my leaky Tilltson. Can't hook it up until I get a missing jet adjustment which is on order. Really looks good and I'm very happy to see that you can switch the choke and Idle hookups from side to side. Mine also has an added top piece for the main foot throttle hookup. Also best of all you can still order a new rebuild kit which I did.

Where Are You From? SD

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes a 1927 touring

Hi Jeff and Norm-you can not buy direct from Zenith as they only sell through aurothized dealers. You might try Norfar.com as they seem to have good prices. My contact at Zenith was Mike Farmer but all the information you should need is covered in my article posted in the Forum. Let me know if you need any additional information. Phil

Where Are You From? portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

thanks phil that is who I got mine from but trying to find on the forum of how to hook this up but no luck finding so far jeff

Where Are You From? orlando ,fl

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Jeff-when you buy a new carb you should have also received a set of installation instructions which includes the adjustments. I you didn't get that, let me know and I will scan and e-mail them to you. Phil pjtpeters@aol.com

Where Are You From? portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

The Durant Motors Automobile Club