Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
California fires

Hi All,
Cathy and I have been watching the news coverage on the wild fires.
Just horrific destruction and loss.
Hope all our Friends are safe.

Cathy & Frank

Where Are You From? Hookstown PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? too many

Re: California fires

Our sentiments exactly! Wind and water damage are bad but fire is so devastating to endure.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several and one in the "oven"!

Air quality is bad, the smell of smoke is strong in some areas far away from the fire.
I saw people wearing masks over the weekend. The smoke has been thick enough to look like an overcast day.

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Two of them

All OK in Port Hueneme, fires are 12 to 15 miles to the south of us. Have some friends that were affected but are also OK. Gob bless the firefighters. - Cyndi & DJ

Where Are You From? CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant deluxe Sedan

San Diego has been really fortunate this time around. There were two small fires in Sorrento Valley and Caramel Mountain-but both were knocked down pretty fast. God Bless the Fire Fighters! The Santa Ana winds have died down and the humidity is going up-so hopefully we have dodged the flaming bullet this time around. Now they just have to get the fires up north contained!

Where Are You From? NJ/SD

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4

Watching the news from California and thinking of all involved. Reminder of 2001 when Canberra lost 500 homes and 4 lives. Prayers for all those involved from a retired Aussie Firefighter.

Where Are You From? Canberra, ACT. Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? D66 sold last july

Phillip Donoghoe
Watching the news from California and thinking of all involved. Reminder of 2001 when Canberra lost 500 homes and 4 lives. Prayers for all those involved from a retired Aussie Firefighter.
Sure sounds bad. We are up here in Canada and have no clear idea of what the folks in California are going thru. All we can go by is what we hear on the news. I would be very willing to help if it is possible -We have room for a few couples here if anyone wants to travel this far. A bit cooler than California weather but no smoke and I think snow will be coming soon.Just let us know and we will get rooms ready.
Ken and Norma McCormick

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Deuxe rumble seat coupe Model 614

The Durant Motors Automobile Club