Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: THANK YOU to durant family for help

Jeff, welcome to the group and congratulations on your new automobile. The group is made up of several wonderful people and Mike and Don have been very helpful on many occasions . Mike has been a fantastic leader and he tries to reach out and welcome each new member. Don knows these contraptions very well and I’ve enjoyed his tech sessions at the national events. While your getting your feet wet you will learn your car very well and it won’t be long before you yourself will be assisting someone in one fashion or another. While you are working on the car don’t forget to slow down and enjoy the process. They sometimes are as much fun to tinker with as they are to drive. When you get frustrated with something just walk away and revisit it. I spent several hours trying to put my headlight trim rings on and got so frustrated I considered selling the car. Well, after the third day of returning to it anyhow. The forth day when it finally fell into place it was only ten minutes of driving before I realized I had a great car and great story to tell for years to come.
I’ll look forward to meeting you at one of the national or Midwest meets. You will plan to attend won’t you? It’s a great time whether you bring a car or not.

Where Are You From? Brighton Michigan

thanks Brian dads has had the car for maybe 60 years so I have grown up in the back seat at different events . my new adventure is changing all tires and tubes thanks jeff

Where Are You From? orlando ,fl

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Welcome to the best car club in the world . I know you will soon be an avid member as most of us are. I am not as active as some but enjoy reading about all who are. I also have a 1930 deluxe rumble seat coupe and am in the process of rebuilding AGAIN for the third and hopefully the last time. Maybe one day we will meet at a club event .

Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Deuxe rumble seat coupe Model 614

The Durant Motors Automobile Club