Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More progress on the 619

The 1931 Durant is making even more progress, it's a lot lighter now that the body has been removed.

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Two of them

Looks like you are moving right along. Is this about what you expected or worse? Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Ross,
Well it's actually worse than I expected and I expected it to be pretty bad, but it's moving along and I can see a new 31 Durant in my future.

Progress marches on for Ethyl.

Rick

Hello Rick,good to see the progress your making,this is where a lot of restorations get stalled,people get everwhelmed looking at the woodwork,if I can make a suggestion.after the frame is cleaned and checked for square have the cowl sandblasted primedand jammed.mount the cowl with the hood and grille shell mounted and aligned,this will give you a platform to work off of knowing the framecowl is square,just my 2 cents,looks great please keep chugging along am waiting to see all the progress, Dave

Where Are You From? Southern calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? Devaux

Rick- I always have enjoyed restoring the frame and running gear as you can see real progress and you don't have the variable of wood to deal with. The frame looks very similar to my 6-14 except where it gets wider at the back of the engine and then the large gussets at the crossmember at the front of the driveshaft. Sandblast and powdercoat or paint? What type of black are you going to use-gloss, semi, or flat? Ross

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930

Ross,
I'm looking to powder coat mainly because the coast is about the same when you add in hiring someone to blast the frame. Not sure about the color yet, but it will be either semi gloss or flat.

Since the 619 used a drop frame and not the same as used by the 614 and 407 there are a few subtle changes to the body and how fits on the frame.

But we keep pushing forward.

Rick

Per aftermarkets ...

407, 610 had their frame
611, 612, 614 had their frame
618 had its frame
619, E 618, E 670 had their dropped frame

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

The frame has been sand blasted and powder coated :-)

Rick-Nice,nice,nice! I really like the powdercoating of mechanical parts. Once and done, you do have to watch for the added thickness added on some parts, but not so much on the farm implements we're working on! Ross

Fantastic progress on the 619 today. We picked up the refurbished rear section of the body. The old rotted floor has been replaced with new steel that resembles the original floor section perfectly. The first pictures will you an idea of the damage. Now they can start to rebuild the body :-)

Rick Botti

Rick- Looking good! Let's hope we never lose the craftspeople that can do this work. Is it going to be ready for our National meet here in Oregon in 2020? No pressure! Did you find your headlamp rim clip? Ross

The Durant Motors Automobile Club