Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
One week until the 2018 Staten Island Meet

OK everyone-we are on the final countdown! We have received registrations from all but two people who have reserved rooms for the Meet. Ed is finalizing plans-and I have been shopping for the Hospitality Suite. We have Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Cherry Pepsi, Rootbeer, Lipton Iced tea and Gingerale as well as cases of water, 6 bottles of wine and beer. I got chips, cookies, etc to munch on while your catching up with fellow Durantonians.
Since breakfast is NOT included with our room rates-I bought apple, orange and grape individual juices, fruit and nut bars, palmier pastries and I will be baking pumpkin, banana and coffee cake muffins. So stop by the hospitality suite and take breakfast back to your room The rooms are equipped with a Kuerig coffee pot, microwave and refrigerator. OR if your into a heartier breakfast the hotel has a restaurant.
If there is something else I need to get-let me know.
Ed is hosting a NYC pizza party (best pizza in the US is from NYC) in the hospitality suite Thursday evening-so join us for dinner!
Looking forward to catching up with everyone!-Peggy

Where Are You From? San Diego/New Jersey

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4

Re: One week until the 2018 Staten Island Meet

Thank you Peggy, and Ed for all your efforts! Julie and I are so excited. I’m thrilled that all the stars have aligned and that Julie will finally get to meet and join in with all the Durantonians. It will be our first vacation together without children, first time away from children in all our 25 plus years!! We will start our drive in the very early hours so as not to miss out on that New York Pizza.

Someone needs to inform Hurricane/tropical Storm Florence that she is not invited.

See everyone soon🤩

Where Are You From? Brighton MI

Ed said Pizzas will be served at 7:00PM in the hospitality suite on Thursday Night. So you should be fine in making it!

Where Are You From? San Diego/New Jersey

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4

I 100% agree with Brian. Those of us that have put one of these things on, knows the amount of work that goes into arranging everything. Knowing you Peggy, Charlie and Ed, it's going to be a great event for all who attend. Now if the hurricane doesn't cancel Frances and I's flight on Thursday night we'll see everyone there! Watching the weather closely!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club