Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures 

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1930 Durant 617 Sedan with 15U Continental

Hello all! New member here and hopefully for many years to come! I acquired my Durant from a man in Florence, Alabama about a year and a half ago. It sat for MANY years in his garage out back. I have since then got it running and driving pretty well. It is all original with wood wheels, fender lights, and what I believe is Mohair seats? Shortly after getting it running, it developed an intermittent "Squeaky Knock". I pulled the pan yesterday and found the rear main seal plate crumbled to pieces (explains my tap and oil loss). Does anyone here have any info on this plate and if I can even still find one some where? Does anyone make them? I have pictures to provide if needed. Any and all help/input is greatly appreciated! I'm looking forward to getting this gem where it needs to be so I can bring it to the meets!

All the best,

Corey Medders

Where Are You From? Birmingham, Alabama

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: 1930 Durant 617 Sedan with 15U Continental

Howdy Corey! And Welcome! Send me some pics of what you need and I'll check my stash. We might get lucky.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several plus 1

Re: 1930 Durant 617 Sedan with 15U Continental

Hi Corry
This Lansing standard 617 1930 sedan is listed in Terry's Registry and I received pic's of it recently with its 1931 619 bumper. I have the head casting date of 2/20/30 but am missing the engine casting date.

The 15U was orig used on the 1929 model 70 and carried forward to the 617. If Don hasn't rear main block Neil / Mike Butters can probably cast you a new one.

1063 Ontario St,
Cobourg On, K9A 3C8
phone #905-372-6926
nbutters@eagle.ca

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club