Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Brake lining 1930

OK...A little update on my above woven brake lining dilema....Searching the internet I found a thread and someone had posted the following sentence ..."(When I worked for a dealer, we used to quiet squeaking brakes by brushing on a coat of "lampblack" mixed with alcohol.)"... I have never heard of using Lampblack on brake lining and thought it would be like so much snake oil, but since I was grabbing for straws anyway and even though my problem was much more severe, I thought I would gave it a shot....Hey, Brakes are working beautiful now...Took the car up over Badger Mountain out of E. Wenatchee with 10 and 11 percent grades up to Waterville and back down...Steep, Steep, Steep...Brakes are working great now....Also, NO brake fading with the cast sleeves that I machined and shrank on over the stamped steel 11" durant Drums that I machined from F-100 Ford front brake drums(NAPA 440-1145) (Another story)(Patten Pending)... So, that was my shakedown run and we should ready for the Spring Fling in Greyeagle in about 2 weeks.

IMG_0854_1

IMG_0851_1

IMG_0843

IMG_0836_1

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 Durants / 2 Flints

The Durant Motors Automobile Club