Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Information: The last Flint Z18 Jr. on the planet !

I recently purchased a 1926 Flint Z18 Jr. two door that was in the process of being restored after the previous owner was unable to complete it. It has been in storage with probably eighty five percent of it being finished ( plus it will need new wiring and an interior ) along with what I would estimate as ninety five percent of the parts necessary to complete it. The problem I am having is with the websites I get on trying to obtain additional information on Jr.'s a photo of my car comes up however with no additional information. I'm starting to think I may have the only one left in existance. If I could talk with someone that may have a Jr. for guidance or has access to manuals I could obtain information from it would be highly helpful and appreciated. The car is pictured in nearly every site for the Jr.'s I have found. It is a deluxe model with the fenders, boards etc. on the bottom and from the belt line up being black along with a gray colored mid section. I was looking for a car that could easily be up and running however I'm starting to think this car may not be the one. If I can not streamline the restoration process on this car it will be for sale and I will move on to another. I live in Iowa and my phone number is ( 515 ) 233-2076, I stay up until midnight central standard time, and my Email address is as follows: stillamcruisin@hotmail.com Thank you.
Roger

Where Are You From? Ames, IA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes a 1926 Flint Z18 Jr.

Re: Information: The last Flint Z18 Jr. on the planet !

In case anyone was wondering the ninety five percent of the parts for the car are the ones that are there and not as needed as I accidentally made it sound in the ad after I just reread it. The car runs and is probably yard drivable in more favorable weather conditions and as seen in the photo ( if you Googled 1926 Durant Flint Z18 Jr. and it came up ) is basically complete but does need the wiring and interior done plus a few additional small items. I am lacking all mechanical data such as valve adjustment settings, timing info etc. and all other normal information pertaining to this particular vehicle.

Where Are You From? Ames, IA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes a 1926 Flint Z18 Jr.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club