Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I've seen it all now! A 29 Durant Rat Rod.

Well fellow Durantonians I've seen it all now. Check out the Ebay page and look at the 29 Durant Rat Rod that's for sale in Miami. I've seen Durant hot rods, but not a Rat Rod yet. Looks like there is one out there now!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Re: I've seen it all now! A 29 Durant Rat Rod.

Noticing the "Buy it Now" price, this is a fine example of an Optimist! Other than that, I'm sorry, but this is no more than a piece of crap. Why anybody would spend so much time, money and alleged talent to produce this example of a scrap yard reject, I just don't know! Maybe it's similar to the attention one would get when wearing baggy pants, purple/green/orange hair, copious tattoos, and several pounds of face piercings.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several plus 1

Not that there's much to look at, but here's the link:

1929 Durant Roadster Chopped

Where Are You From? Grand Junction, CO

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star, 29 Durant 63 & 66

Just what part of this might have been a Durant ? Drivers door is suicide. Rad shell is not Durant but more Ford T style. Firewall has no 4 holes for vin plate. Cowl has that raised part as a continuation of the hood hinge used on what D model ? Our cowl are flat with or without a vent, depending on the model.
Comes with all the bullet holes (and others) like this was pulled from a swamp or back in the bush.

Surprised the seller of this junk pile isn't claiming that Cliff Durant owned it and raced with Louis Chevrolet.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

I'm fond of these Rat Rods. They take us back to the roots of hot rodding when guys with little money would prowl junkyards for bits to make in to a fast car. Today's Rat Rods are far more creative though. I loved the seats in this one.

As a kid, I never saw a hot rod that was fully painted let alone all tricked out with lots of goodies like the modern ones. Where I lived in the Midwest, only the gear heads "from the wrong side of the tracks" made them.

Vince

Where Are You From? Greenbra, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club