Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Passing of Yates Milton, 1st President of the DMAC

It is with great sadness that I report that Yates Milton passed this evening in a hospital in Greenville, North Carolina. By his side was Doris his Wife and Michael and Cindy his two children. A true Southern Gentleman if ever there was one, Yates was very active in his early years in the Model A world and very active in the AACA North Carolina Chapter. In 1997/98 upon the death of Jeff Gillis and the Durant Family Registry, Yates along with other DFR members decided to get together to discuss and form the Durant Motors Automobile Club at a meeting in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Yates accepted the position of the first President of the DMAC and was a strong supporter of the DMAC throughout his life. He, along with Frank Witkowski were instrumental in forming the East Coast Chapter of the DMAC in 2005. In his later years as his health declined rapidly, he was not able to make as many meets as he wanted to, but did attend the national meet in Salisbury, North Carolina, his last meet. He remained a strong supporter and adviser of the DMAC.

When I spoke with Doris his Wife this evening I asked that either her or their son Michael give me a call with any information on any services that they might have for Yates. I will post them as soon as I am advised.

We've lost a great member this evening and a true part of our family! Rest in Peace Yates! You will be missed!

The picture below of Yates was taken at the 2007 DMAC National Meet in Auburn, Indiana.

100_3413

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Re: Passing of Yates Milton, 1st President of the DMAC

As a second generation Durant club member, I will remember Yates as one of the few Durantonians my father knew from the "old" days. I am glad to have finally met him at the Salisbury meet several years ago. We had some good conversations about those Durant "olden" days.

Thank you Yates. You will be missed.

Where Are You From? Smithsburg, Maryland

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant Sport Touring

Re: Passing of Yates Milton, 1st President of the DMAC

Mike, That is a very good picture of Yates and a great way to remember him.

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Durant model 619

The Durant Motors Automobile Club