Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DeVaux

Our 1931 DeVaux was involved in an accident in Modesto, CA during our National Meet in 2017. For insurance purposes we need to establish a value of our DeVaux before the accident. So we need information on sales and prices of DeVauxs. It must be a SOLD price. So if you have any information on the sale and date of sale of a DeVaux please respond. The insurance company of the person who is responsible for the accident is claiming our car has a very low value and the car is not worth repairing. We want to repair the car and keep it. This insurance company will only accept cars sold in the last few years to set a value.

Where Are You From? Santa Rosa, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star and 1931 DeVaux

Re: DeVaux

Roger, it's a shame you have to do the leg work to prove the value of the car. I'm glad you're digging your heels in and not letting them off the hook easy. David can take down Goliath with enough tenacity. Go get'em!

We're so glad everyone walked away that day with few injuries.

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

Roger.....
I sent you an email with some info......

frank

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

hello roger
I deal with ins companies everyday here at the body shop,one thing to remember is its your car not theres,they will push you as much as you let them but in the end its your car you have say so,if you don't get satisfaction from the ins company you can hire a lawyer and go from there not always a good choice but sometimes necessary,are you the claimant against the other company or is it your ins company, theres a lot of factors to understand,and ins companies do not pay for sentimental value,let me know dave

Where Are You From? southern calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 and 1932 devaux

Just a fast thought. The AACA could have a record or a knowledge of any DeVaux sold at one of the big auctions ?? Of course one of you probably have also had this fast thought. Good luck and this could put others of us on alert as to how to prove the value of a car. Also theirs lots of vehicle appraisers in Hemmings Motor news.Hang in their and something or some similar car brand that might sway the insurance company. Dave

Where Are You From? Custer, S.Dakota

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, 1927 Star

A museum in up-state N.Y. (Staley Cars) bought a good original Sport for $12,000. from a estate on 11-05. It was sold on E-bay. I will dig for a picture. In 2010 the Nethercutt Collection sent 3 or 4 cars to Hershey to be auctioned. Howard and I knew of the 31 sport Coupe that was in the group. At Hershey that year Howard was the only on-site bidder. A bidder from Lebanon got the car for 10k. That owner is now a club member.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club