Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WANTED: Bumper center "D" medallion

I have my bid in on it Normy! One step ahead of ya!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Mike, I am not sure that that D medallion will fit your model 75....It has the same dementions as the one that Todd has pictured above and would probably be too small...See Larrys model 75 in our photos....I have some other trinkets for the Flint that I want to cast this spring and If I can borrow Todds Medallion I will attempt to cast some of those as well (for fastening the mounting studd the plan would be to drill and tapping a blind hole from the backside and install the 7/16" studd)

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Hey Mike ... Noted this was not a Dodge trinket but one of ours and I recalled the topic on the medallion, you started.

Last couple of months I can't contact anyone selling US only on eBay.com. eBay.uk eBay.ca Some how eBay has limited some of us in Can to sales that are US and also world wide providing Canada is one of the countries. I can't advise this seller the item is for a Durant, like I have other item's of ours I see, so they do show up on DMAC.
There was a cereal bowl on eBay.ca in Mich that matches the set of dishes Di bought before we married and one of mine has a chip out of it. Seller only sold US. I couldn't ask her the dimensions or anything to get at it. I'm not the only one having problems with eBay and its games. A seller I have talked with for years in US is also constantly going after eBay to fix things. I thought I had lost the dish after it got listed a 2nd time but Gary has secured it for me. I put the bowl in my watch list and on eBay.com it shows sold, on ebay.ca it said out of stock when Gary got it. eBay can't even get that the same in both places. Stupid eBay mentality hurting sellers / buyers. I might have a US post box or a rellie, an item could be sent to so why cut us off for being Can ?

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Hi Bill
I'm not sure if it will fit my Model 65 either, but if I win it, it will fit some Durant model so we can have a go by for someone. If you do cast some this summer, count me in for one. I surely will buy one from you. Just adds a finishing touch.:ok_hand:

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Well I won the bumper medallion and I'll let you know if it fits or not. If not, it will be available for casting or for someone to use on an earlier car maybe.

Ok, got it in the mail today, definitely Durant medallion with bolt on back. I'll measure and advise in a couple days and post a picture. This medallion will fit in the center with just a little overhang on the outside and is about the same size as the star medallions that hold the bumper to the bracket. A metal mounting plate would have to be fastened to the back to mount it. It appears it is the same size that Larry has on his but not sure about the other one. I'll give everyone a report when I have some time to do some looking further. If it will work I will bead blast it and we can get someone to cast them maybe for other owners. I'll keep you posted.

Good morning Mike,

Hey, I am interested in a casting made from the original if it is the correct size. My car was missing the medallion when I got it. looking forward to seeing a photo and the size.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Mike, my model 65 has one on it. I will try to get some measurements this afternoon.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

The correct one is 4.25 inches tall and 2.5 inches wide.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Bill I think yours is the right one for Steve and my car, especially since you and I have the same model. Maybe we can find a casting company to make us up some using yours as a model. Something to work on.

I believe that Lance had a bunch of Medallions cast, I think in Argentina, They were cast with the mounting studds in them or as part of them and would snap off when tightened...Those were for everything having the two bar parallel "curved/round" face 1 1/2" bumpers, 40/60/63 ect.(same one that Todd has pictured) so be careful who does your casting and how they will do it...The pattern that I used having the hole (above)was for the 1 1/2" flat bar type (M-2)...Since these flat and round bar bumper Medallions are the same size with the exception of the back, I thought I would cast some Medallions having a solid thickness back and could machine the back for either the Flat bar or the curved bar...Anyway, fun to play around with it....Would interesting to see a detailed front and side view of Bills D-65 Medallion.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Hey Bill D, see if you can't figure out how to post the pictures you sent me to the web site here of the bumper medallion you have.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club