Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Extra High Enclosed Trailer

I'm looking to buy an extra high enclosed trailer but am concerned about how it tows. If you have one, I'd appreciate your comments.

Where Are You From? North of San Franciso

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Re: Extra High Enclosed Trailer

Hi Vence,

Not sure but I think that Berts custom built trailer could be the highest in our group? I found on two occasions that you don't load touring cars with their tops up in a regular enclosed hauler, luckly with my A-22 only a little minor scraping at the back bow, but had to put the top down inside the trailer to off load....On my bigger '18 Overland touring the top was pulled back when the back bow hit which actually bent my windshield stantions....My enclosed trailer does have a "beaver tail" at the back door, and is fine for all my enclosed cars but not the touring cars with their top up...Biggest problem that I have is the trailer sets so low that it will drag going over any radical contour in the road, perhaps larger tires would help that.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Re: Extra High Enclosed Trailer

My trailer is 6 inches taller than normal in order to fit a touring car. I really can't tell any difference from other trailers I've owned in the way it pulls. I needed the extra height just so I could have a higher door.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

The Durant Motors Automobile Club