Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ran out of gas while hill climbing

What is the recommended procedure for climbing long hills when you have a vacuum fuel pump. Pull over every few minutes and let the fuel pump fill up? I have just completed a move to the foothill community of Yucaipa, California. Took the Durant out this morning for a drive up to Oak Glen, which is 5 1/2 miles from my new home, and a 2,100 foot climb in elevation. Ran out of gas. Looking forward to hearing back from Durantonians who have dealt with this one.

Where Are You From? Yucaipa, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D60 R/S Coupe

Re: Ran out of gas while hill climbing

I've been watching to see what answers you get. I can't give one but I do recall reading in the original factory manual for my Franklin Automobile some instructions or cautions for the same situation. I will have to locate that manual and look into it. There was one decent size climb done on one of the tours at last years gathering that made me think about this too.

Where Are You From? Brighton MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? Proudly

The Durant Motors Automobile Club