Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Distributor for 27/28 Star 4 cylinder

Hi Bob;
I've contacted the guy who does live about 40 minutes from me. If no one else buys it, I'll see what I can do. Really don't need a Star engine hanging around the garage though. We will see.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Mike, what's the story on the engine?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

He responded that he wanted to leave it on the board a bit longer to see the best offer he could get. I believe he thought the $50 was a bit low. You know they think they have a gold mine in their possession. Don Atkinson emailed me and he's also interested in it. He said he'd contact me later. I'll let ya know.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

OH, that one. Well, it's only just a W4 and should have a pot metal distributor. It would be doubtful if the distributor or the drive housing is still serviceable.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Mike , I took a generator off a w-5 engine in a 27 Durant Chassis in Montana last fall. it has the distributor on it and believe it or not but the pot metal housing with a little WD 40 on it freed up and looks Ok . But I know the distributor would need a total rebuild if that was even possible. Dave

Where Are You From? Custer,S.Dakota

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Touring

Thanks Dave, I'll call the guy and see if it's something he wants or he has someplace to get it rebuilt. Does anyone know if the mounting bracket for this distributor would be the same one the Phil Peters is selling? Or is that just for the later ones. If the bracket is the pot metal one, maybe a replacement could be had.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club