Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Complete Repair Manual

Where can I get a complete teardown and rebuild repair manual for a Durant 1928 M2 (W5 Motor.

Where Are You From? Carrollton, Tx

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Complete Repair Manual

Parker;
You will not find a complete teardown and rebuild manual for your car. You'll have to watch EBAY and try to find an owners manual, or maybe another club member can photocopy theirs for you, it will help with some things but not all. There is information on timing, setting points, cast and camber of wheels, etc but not all in one place. Some early motor manuals cover the engine specs and rebuild process, and you'll just need to watch Ebay or go on the Antique Automobile Club Forum (www.aaca.org) under buy/sell and watch for them being listed. I picked up a great old motor manual from the period there. Also as I said in the previous post to you, we're always available to answer questions for you. Either our Technical Advisors or any of us. If you get stuck, give me a call and I'll try and find the answer for you also. My number is listed under the "contact us" section. We're glad to help!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Re: Complete Repair Manual

Hi Parker,

You will find very little differences in the Durant M-2, M-4, and Model 40 and all have the W-5 engine....Their is a Model-40 repair manual in the Tech page which you can download....Their is good information on the Duo-Survo brakes....also
if interested some good modern inprovements like installing modern axle seal,ect...Just a few things I found handy when I restored my M-2/ M-4/ D-40 Durant Coupe.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '25 Flint H-40 2door / '25 B-40 Touring / '29 D-40 Coupe / '23 A-22 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club