Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pacific coast chapter spring fling

Just a quick reminder that the last day for reservations for the hotel we'll be staying at during the West Coast Spring Fling is 3/24/2017. Hope to see you there!

Where Are You From? calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 flint/27 locomobile

Re: Pacific coast chapter spring fling

Last call: We will be holding 1 room just in case you want to go to the pacific coast spring fling. Any takers? We will enjoy pebble beach area and other scenic areas. And yes for you ladies there will be time to do some shopping.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 flint/27 locomobile

We're now 3 weeks away from Spring Fling and we're gearing up (no pun intended) for a great time! Rode the course with my Dad--aka Bert starcar22--on this beautiful Saturday afternoon and for those who've already registered...be sure to bring your cameras/mobile devices/camcorders. You'll spot sea lions, sea otters and shorebirds on the coastline and maybe a celebrity at Pebble Beach. Great cars, great company and California coastline! Registration is still open for last call, but don't delay and see you all soon. Check out club events page for a sample of the coastline.

Where Are You From? california

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 flint/1927 locomobile

Hi Mike-Bert

Two weeks and counting! Sounds like you guys have a great and scenic event planned out...We have our return trip to Washington set around the event....We have been looking at this here desert and sand for over 6 months now and are ready for a change, some blue Pacific and green trees would be fantastic!
Oh, did Bert get advanced parking for our cars at the Pebble Beach Concours d'elegance (Ha)

See ya'll in a couple weeks.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '25 Flint H-40 2door / '25 B-40 Touring / '29 D-40 Coupe / '23 A-22 Touring

It's going to be a fun time in a beautiful place.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

Have you published an agenda?? Cyn & I are coming with our car. we would like to see what you have planned.

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Deluxe Sedan

dj. The Pacific Coast Tour consist of the following: 1st day some of 17 mile drive, Point Lobos and Carmel Mission Basilica. Day 2 is the light house tour and Town square meet and greet in pacific grove. Cars will be on display. Day 3 consist of 17 mile drive and lunch at Pebble Beach. Yes, parking is being arranged. Looks like a fun time on the beautiful coast of Monterey.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 flint 1927 locomobile 8-80

Well, we are 1 week away and hope you did all your last minute car fixes. For those of you going, directions were sent to you on how to get to the hotel. If you haven't received them, they are on their way. Contact bert if you haven't received direction by this weekend. Remember to park your tow vehicles and trailers on the street as close as possible to hotel. Antique cars should be parked in front of your rooms. Looking forward on having a great time in Monterey.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 flint/1927 locomobile 8-80

I am counting down the days.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

Day one of the Pacific Coast chapter's Spring Fling is done, and a good time was had by all. A few pictures of the tour are available by clicking the link below. We had ten cars today, including two Flints and a DeVaux.

Rick

http://www.dmacweb.com/events/PCC2017/web1/index.html

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 Model 60

Wow Rick...You lucky guys, wish I was younger would love be there with one of my Durant cars, the scenery is so so pretty, loves those limbs hanging down, and course the mighty Pacific Ocean. Real hi seeing that rare 25 Flint H-40 Higby from Portland Universality, out running that deceased Bob Krause and I bought, then Bill Hoagland bought it and now driving it on your tour, remind Bill I promised U of Portland we would bring it back there and given people rides in it again. Sure nice seeing Berts son owning and driving Bob Krauses Flint touring such a beauty Bobs son brought here to the San Diego meet so got to see it. Need to make a movie of this whole tour.
Beautiful beautiful, tell everyone hi for me.
Faithfully
Lance

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

Today we had lunch in downtown Pacific Grove.
The city reserved parking spaces for us. :-)

Rick

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who attended the West Coast DMAC Spring Fling last week and hope you all made it home safely. We had the opportunity to meet new members--welcome Don and Kathy from Utah! Will be writing an article and posting some pictures in the near future.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 flint/1927 locomobile 8-80

Hey Mike and Bert, You and your familys put on one of the most outstanding and scienic events that we have ever been to ....The barbieques each evening made life easy and enjoyable, Thank you so much!....On the last day Vince took a group of our old cars on a side excursion down Hwy 1 to "Big Sir" about a 50 mile run of Highway that was carved out of the cliffs and rocks above the Pacific Coastline, WOW, that surly got my attention, especially since I was getting a shimmy in the steering of the old Flint, and I was thinkin at the time, I hope this contraption doesn't go into a full blown "death wobble" or they will be planting a marker on the rocks below, "Here lies the remains of old Higby".

Thanks again...See you all in Modesto.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '25 Flint H-40 2door / '25 B-40 Touring / '29 D-40 Coupe / '23 A-22 Touring

I spoke to Rick last week and Don last night to check on Cindy. Looks like you all had a great time on your Spring Fling and a good number of cars in the bunch. I understand that James got lesson on the trip and it's always a good thing that the DMAC is such an educational institution too. I look forward to seeing everyone in Modesto in September.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Picture from Pacific Coast Chapter's Spring Fling.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club