Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Homemade Doodlebug/Spray rig built from Durant or Star, looking for info

Hello. I'm making progress on my spray rig and located the head gasket for the 22a engine. Has anyone had any luck with clutch parts for these? My clutch looks like it's going to need a throw out bearing.

Where Are You From? Akron N.Y.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Any good clutch repair shop should be able to rebuild your clutch with new facings, springs and cleaning up your flywheel,etc.(at least in a major city, any company that handles friction materials, e.g. brake linings.It's a Borg and Beck which should be fairly common) Frank Wittkowski, past club president, may be able to help you with a throwout bearing

Where Are You From? Orygun

Frank may still have clutch linings (facings) for sale I bought off him a few years back for the 22A / 32A / 40A / 41A engines in Durant, Frontenac and De Vaux, plus other makes per Chilton Interchange.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Hello, I'm making progress on my homemade Durant sprayer, does anyone know of a source for a throwout bearing for the clutch?

Where Are You From? Akron NY

Hi John.
Glad your getting another piece of some great American automobile history saved and hopefully running great historic cars . Contact my buddy "George" @ "Old Car Bearings " in North Carolina as he has always come up with any Durant bearing i have ever needed, maybe use a press and push your throw out bearing off the carrier as usually some numbers on the edge. Frontenec bearings work also as Gord sent me a extra one many moons ago thankfully with the missing carrier from Canada for my red 30 Durant 407 4dr i sold to Charlie Spitz.
BTW folks Charlie & i got a AACA ist on that rare 30 Durant 407 on the 1st try, and Charlie has one of those high quality heavy gold plated trophy's and course a AACA 1st number that no one can take away making that car pretty valuable. Hope u drive it and show it some Charlie .
Faithfully
Lance Haynes:relaxed:
San Diego CA

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes a bunch of them

Thank you again for all the help on this. Progress continues and I'm starting to reassemble the engine after disassembling everything, freeing up and cleaning. I'm to the point that I'm ready to put the head on and set the firing order. Would anybody be able to tell me what the firing order is on this engine?

Never mind, I found it by searching through the old threads, thank you!

Unfortunately the starter I bought doesn't fit. Not even close. Any ideas on where on could be obtained?

The Durant Motors Automobile Club