Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DMAC veteran

I just got back from my free veterans breakfast at a local watering hole and got to thinking about a DMAC member who passed a few years back. Larry Rockey's 29 D-60 Coupe is in our photograph section.
Larry put in his 4 years in the Army and did have a tour in Vietnam. When he returned to our area he hired in at the Boeing Company. When he retired (after 30 years) he devoted his time to the Car hobby. Larry and his wife Pat lived in Black Diamond, Wa. a few miles from me. We talked about cars off and on over the years.
I got a request a few years back to help Larry dispose of his Durant as he was suffering from the effects of Agent Orange. When I came over to see him he was to weak to set up on the sofa. He said what he wanted for the Durant and we made a deal. Larry had used up his Boeing medical and was shifting over to the VA.
Larry passed a few days later. He was buried at Tahoma National Cemetery with full military honors.

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: DMAC veteran

Good stuff....
Art Lloyd
US Army 1953

Where Are You From? Union,New Jersey

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 614 Coach

The Durant Motors Automobile Club