Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1928 8-80 sedan

Norm, did you say you might have found a body that might work?
Thanks
Chris

Where Are You From? Colorado

Do You own a car built by Durant? In the process of a purchase

No Chris .. I was asking Mike if he found one yet for you. Doesn't help with Governments US / Can trying to get vehicles off the road over X yrs old be it current or vintage and junk yards vanishing like melting snow, that had our cars. One of our Prairie Provinces won't even allow a car over 20 years be brought into the Province be it vintage or not.

There's a wrecking yard I have mentioned in Forum before, below Picton Ont who crushed 2000 cars in 2006 to keep the enviro boys away from his place, and one was a 1930 / 31 Durant sedan still on its wire wheels, rad, light's, engine I was sent a pic of taken 2005. You can see rows of square bodied cars rusting in the sun, now all gone. There was another yard below Smiths Falls a number of miles from me, where people would fly in to buy parts for their cars, you name it he had it. Star, Durant, Graham Paige, Ford T / A, Essex, Packard, etc etc. Rows of them. All crushed.

Like we say its a mighty tall order to find a body that might fit your frame / chassis. Its almost like you'd have to have one made like that TV program Restoration Garage that created the 1936 Bugatti Aérolithe from a 16 pic's only. It was all hand made in the shop and you watched its progress program to program, while they also restored other vehicles on the program. Don't know if we ever learned what the final millions cost was for this thing, but I wouldn't want it. Lots of hits in search for this Branford Ont shop.
http://the-guild-of-automotive-restorers.myshopify.com/

http://guildautorestore.com/

You might have to put a non Billy body on your chassis like Caddy, Packard, off some big car, if you knew it would fit.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

norm...your answer to carburetor for a model 90 is Stromberg type ox-3 equipped with a air cleaner. Cars numbered 33101 and upward.

Where Are You From? calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 flint/27 locomobile

Thanks Mike I will slot that in the chart right away. Strom OX-3 with 2 11/16 bolt hole CTC. 90 degrees to manifold.

Noted it also on my copy of the Registry info which we have air cleaner already noted.
Yes 33-101 to 33-33,284 1926, 33,285 to 33,430 1927, 33,431 and up 1928 / 29. 1929 built to order to Mar, factory closing.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club