Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another Flint find...

Hi Bill and Bjorg. Is this the Flint up in Perchastin (off97)? An older fellow (than me) had some things for sale at the Monroe Swap meet a few years back. I thought he said something about a Flint touring he had. Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Yes Gary, this is the car...His name is Ed Harmel and he belonged to our local car club, Ed also belonged to the DMAC for a coupla years, he had some bad strokes and passed away, I bought the car from his Daughter who came out from Oklahoma to sell what they could and were going to haul what didn't sell back to OK and take it to the next Chickasha swap meet...I also bought a lot of shop equipment that I didn't have.....I am thinkin I will leave this Flint Touring here in Leavenworth for a summer project and will probably take "Higby" the 1925 Flint H-40 to AZ next week when we head south for the winter and finish the restoration on it there, this was the Flint that met it's demise at the San Diego national Meet a coupla years ago, I do have it re-powered now and running great, and hey it even stopps now...

Peggy, I think that Bjorg had this "Diamond in the rough" on facebook almost before I got it unloaded off the trailer.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '25 Flint H-40 2door / '25 B-40 Touring / '29 D-40 Coupe / '23 A-22 Touring

Bill:

Congratulations on another great find! I am sure that you will have another fine vehicle when you have this one completed. You are sure getting a fine stable of vehicles. Best of luck to you and Bjorg. We have fond memories of our visit to Washington.

Gord & Mary Carolyne

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac made by Dominion Motors Limited, Leaside, Ontario

Thanks Gord...

Yes, It seams that I have more cars than garage space...I have the Flint H-40 Couplet Barome loaded in the enclosed trailer, also removed all the bright work from the new Flint B-40 Touring and will take that along, the chrome shop in Yuma is under new management and have gotten somewhat spendy, thinking about checking out a shop in Mexicali, Mexico....Will be heading for warmer weather in the morning.

You and Mary Carolyne have a great winter.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '25 Flint H-40 2door / '25 B-40 Touring / '29 D-40 Coupe / '23 A-22 Touring

Bill .. did you find the casting dates for Registry yet re our mails a few weeks ago

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

No Norm, plum forgot, just the car and motor numbers....Am setting in a flee bag motel half way to Arizona at the moment....Still need to get you guy's the numbers for the D-40 Coupe that I just finished.

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / '29 D-40 Coupe / '25 Flint H-40 2 door / '25 Flint B-40 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club