Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DMAC at Hershey!

I spent last week at the Hershey, Pennsylvania annual car show representing the DMAC there. For those that are not aware, the Hershey Fall Car Show is the largest car show east of the Rockies. Over 9,500 flea market spaces, 3000 cars in the car corral, several antique car auctions, antique car races etc. Attendance is around 150,000 for the 5 day show. I feel it was a great success for the DMAC with numerous members stopping by to sit a spell and rest, get a bottle of water or a soft drink and talk Durant. We had 10 prospective members sign our list and pick up a brochure and old issue of the Partner. I will follow up with a personal letter to each one to urge them to join our great club. I want to thank Gary Kauffman for giving up his week. Many know Gary started the Durant car club back in the late 1960's prior to the Jeff Gillis years and has continued to be a great member and supporter of the DMAC. Other members who stopped by to give Gary and I a break were, Don and Birgit Atkinson, Tom & Karen Edmonds, Rhael Meilleur, Ed Vomero and Steve Blomquist. It was good to see members Leonard Burkholder, Larry and Carol Fogarazzo and Patrick McMahon also.

photo IMG_0968.jpg

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Re: DMAC at Hershey!

Wish Doris and I could have attended as it has always been our favorite. I was highly in favor of having a tent and space at Hershey and said I would help out, but the health issue hit again so we were unable to be there.

Our organizational meet was held on the second floor of the AACA National Headquarters Bldg. This was Oct. 1998 at the Fall Meet.

Thanks Mike and Gary and all who helped....

Unless it has changed a bunch, everyone should go at least once.

Yates Milton
Founding Pres.

Where Are You From? Newport, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint

The Durant Motors Automobile Club