Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 19 Annual Meet

Ken and Dorothy

It is always good to see both of you at that annual DMAC, and yes it is also nice to see new members and have them join our 'family'.

charlie

Where Are You From? NJ/CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

You guys are so right.. I made it home at about 1 A M last night -. couldnt even find my friends and relatives I was going to visit (so much for looking up people) Charlie and Peggy- I want to say the award you got is well deserved You are both pretty active in the club .

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 6-14 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Yukon Jack....glad to hear that you made it back to Kamloops safe and sound.

And thanks for the comment about the Durant Award, Peg and I are most honored to be this year's recipients.

Hopefully you and Norma can try that Apple Jack that you received. Let us know if you like it.

Charlie and Peggy

Where Are You From? NJ/CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Charlie---
How do you prepare that Apple Jack to drink? I tried a sip straight and wasnt to happy with it. Maybe a mix of some sort??
Maybe I have not got the proper taste for it. Norma didnt care for it attall but no matter ---I can try it with anything

Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 6-14 deluxe rumble seat coupe

You could make Applejack Old Fashions, Applejack Manhattans (either full Applejack, or half and half with Rye) or try

The Jack Rose
2 ounces Applejack
1 ounce lime juice
1/2 ounce grenadine (Homemade, you guys. I insist. Combine equal parts unsweetened pomegranate juice and sugar in a mason jar. Shake the hell out of it, until the sugar dissolves. BOOM, you have grenadine.)

Shake well with cracked ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Where Are You From? NJ and San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4 1928-31

Wow---sounds good no matter which one I try. I have to leave here tomorrow morning -early -so wont be able to try for a few days --But I will sure try them all . Thanks for the recipes. Will be in touch when I get back home
Ken

LOL that you and Norma did not like it-since General Washington loved it and asked for the recipe for his own distillery! Guess you truly are Canadian through and through!Me- I will stick with craft IPAs!

Where Are You From? NJ and San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4 1928-31

The Durant Motors Automobile Club