Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Installing headlight glass and rings

After 5 years of restoration, installing my headlights is the last major project. My project was bought in pieces so I do not have the luxury of having taken it apart. I also received parts from a parts car (1928) so often had trouble in knowing which belonged to the 26 although many were used on both.
I am at a loss on how the glass and ring are held on to the bucket. I notice that there are four tabs inside the ring. Mine have one tab broken off on each ring. I also see a drilled hole at the nine and three o'clock position on the bucket
just behind where the ring would be mounted, I do have 6 small flat pieces about 1/4 inch wide by 3 1/2 inches long with some unusual bends in them.I suspect they are Headlight Glass clips, part # 24892 in the manual but I have no idea how they fit?? This is where a picture would be worth a thousand words???
Any help and suggestions appreciated.

Where Are You From? Kamloops BC Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star (being restored to a delivery service van)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club