Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Restored 1929 Model 40 for Sale

I have posted this on the For Sale site but thought it best to place it here as well. Having finally finished the restoration of our 1929 Model 40 sedan, I have decided to put it up for sale. The W5 engine has been rebuilt with new pistons, valves, and gaskets. The new rad is now a modern tubed rad but with a skin of honeycomb on the front. It has a new roof frame and all other wood is in excellent, solid condition. The car has new top, interior, tires, urethane parts, and paint. All bright work has been rechromed. I have added turn signals, a modern air filter to the new Zenith carb, and modern shock absorbers all round. The car has less than 100 miles on it since restoration was completed. There are additional pictures in the Photographs Section of the Club website. Numerous spare parts, including a W5, will be included. I am asking $22K US. and can be reached at 519-821-2576 and mdirvine@rogers.com.

Where Are You From? Guelph, ON, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Restored 1929 Model 40 for Sale

hI FELLOWS:
I can acknowledge that this is a super car. The detail of the restoration is of first quality. The car was an excellent survivor when Mac purchased it, so I don't think you will ever find a better one. I have driven the car.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors, Leaside

The Durant Motors Automobile Club