Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need help for a starter durant 1929

Hello
Thank you for your answers .
There is no indication of letters or numbers on this starter . It was repair and my father was looking for a renew one. On your website there is a reference to this starter relative to this motor : MZ-4001 , but I’m not sur it’s the same ( see at the pictures)

http://s446.photobucket.com/user/ROGNY/library/

but I do not know which or where I can find a renew one?

Thank you for your help
Léon

Where Are You From? belgium

Do You own a car built by Durant? my father

Re: Need help for a starter durant 1929

The starter shown in your email to me and in photobucket appears to be the same as the one's on the sites I gave you at restore starters. First site calls it a Whippet starter and Facebbok calls is a Durant starter.

What is missing on yours is the band covering the brushes which will have the Auto-Lite name and number MZ 4001 plate.

photo 11057472_882273335185578_4946805600547097841_n.jpg

Unless a member with a model 63, 65, 66 Durant with 15L engines, or a member of the Whippet club has one, I guess your best bet is to hope someone puts one on eBay.

You have a fairly rare car only built a short time, unlike all the many 40 or 60 models the general public could afford. Doing a quick look in the Registry we have less than 25 known 63's surviving world wide.
With our work on the Registry the 63 came out Aug 1 1929 which makes it a 1930 model year car. Durant up to 1930 used Aug 1 of one year to July 31 of next year as model year and vin's are based on that. Effective with the 1930 and later vehicles, that practice was stopped. So when a car came out that became the model year until that model was updated, at which time that became the model year. Best example I can give is the 614. Jan to Dec 31 1930 is 1930 model year. Jan 1 1931 to Jan 31 1932 is 1931 model year. Feb 1 1932 to end is 1932 model year.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club