Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Replacing rear main seals

What is the easiest way to replace the rear seal in the 6 cylinder engine . I would like to replace it with a new seal like the one Bill Hoaglan has in his car. Do I have to pull the engine or can it be done with the engine still in the car? One way or another I will be doing it but would sure like to do it the easiest way. Any ideas ????
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yep 30 Durant-model 6 14 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Replacing rear main seals

Hi Ken,

If your 22A seal blocks are similar to the 14-L, I have some instructions that I made up for Phil for removing and installing the seal blocks that I made for him and will email them up your way...You may want to talk with your machinist as it is quite involved making up the adapter blocks for the Chevy two piece seals. ...He may need the engine for measuring and test fitting....Irreguardless, you may wish to remove your seal blocks and go from there.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club