Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
block casting number

looking for info on a Durant 4cyl,the casting# is W4A 604-P,there is also a serial# of either L67056 or 167056, hard to read on the tag. The tag does say Durant on it, all we have is the engine, front half of the frame with axle and the headlights with the bar,not a lot to go on. Anyone with info would help. thx Brian

Where Are You From? bc

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Re: block casting number

Off hand I would say you have a 1924 Star model C or F engine 167065 if its a W4A. Later Stars used W5. W5 was used to end of 1929 first on Star and then April 1 1928 on Durant's when Star line was dropped March 31 1928.

Perhaps this was chopped to make a saw mill in its life and might be from Leaside (Toronto)since you are in BC or cross border from Oakland plant. Like you say not much to go on. I assume there is no cowl with a vin plate to pin it down more what plant, model, and model year.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Re: block casting number

Could you send me a pic of the front engine mounts and the headlights? I could narrow down between the C and F model.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tx

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club