Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1933 Continental Convertible

I can't pull up your E-mail on my computer. Please contact me as I am interested. Garyyelle@msn.com.
Thanks, Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

This ones not a convert but if your into Continentals there's an 1933 Ace 41 for sale by Classic Cars.Com big $$$ but it's a beaut.

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? No Built by Dominion Motors Frontenac C-400

While I see you on this site can you please froward details for the registry on your 1933 Continentals or any others that fit the bill. Thank you

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? No Built by Domininon Motors Canada

It's a 1933 4-door Continental Flyer #1286 107" wheelbase 6-cylinder 65hp motor. Everything works except the gas gauge. It was repainted sometime in its past, but the experts can't tell when. The engine was freshened sometime after the holes in the oil pan were welded up. The interior has been recovered, not well, but recovered, I drove the car across Michigan after taking everything apart and inspecting all moving parts. Found no wear at 50,000 miles so I put it back to factory specs and braved the back roads at 45 mph. I was inspired by my friend Jonathan Klinger, who drove his Model-A for a year. It's a crowd pleaser. It was in 5 concours and took 5 trophies, even though it's rounder than a '32.

My next oldest Continental is a '55 Porsche Continental Cabrio followed by a '56 Continental Mark II convertible, one of three made. I have a Chris Craft Continental and several Lincoln Continentals, but nothing else in this age group. Owning a car of this age is a challenge I'm most willing to meet.

I'm looking for a 1934 MG Continental and a 1937 Triumph Continental, if you happen to know of any. The S-1 Bentley Continental convertible and Cunningham Continental C-3 convertible are, sadly, out of my range.

Where Are You From? Michigan

Well Barry .. you will have to look for these Contential's also for your collection.

Moose Jaw Standard (CDN) 1916 - 1918 Often referred to as Continentals

Continental (US) 1907 by Continental Motor Co Chicago Ill

Continental (US) 1907 - 1909 by University Automobile Co New Haven Conn

Continental (US) 1909 - 1914 by Indiana Motor & Mfg Co Franklin Ind

Continental (US) 1914 by Continental Engine MFG Co Minneapolis Minn

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

You've broadened my horizons.

Where Are You From? Michigan

Barry:
I came across a 65 C. 4 dr convert for sale in my area. Restoration was started by the LaMay Foundation but sold as they downsized a few years back.
Let me know if you would want pictures I can send you. Price would possibly be only the storage fees.
Gary garyyelle@msn.com

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? kind of..

Gary I am very interested in the 33 convert if you could send pictures and price to my email address i would be very happy. DON

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 M4

Don ... I think Gary is talking about a 1965 Lincoln Continental convertible. Same on Craig's list, in search. Actually a number of these things for sale.

As far as we know Conny didn't make a two or four door phaeton 1933.

Yes they did. They made a 2-door Roadster for the US and a 4-door Phaeton bodied by Richards in Australia.

Well there you go, per Barry.

Roadster is not a phaeton. However phaeton's can be two or four door cars. Model A Ford a good example, where front bucket seat folds to allow people to get in or out of the back. Bet Barry didn't know Ford T's were one and three door open cars US. Roadster one door, tourings three doors, because of the hand lever for the tranny. The drivers door was a dummy and only a body stamping. In Canada however we had all two or four doors. Saw a T touring in the 60's outside Ottawa, owned by a club member, and wondered why no door drivers side. Because he brought the car in from the US.

Sounds like you like to argue just to argue.

You are wrong, but that's OK. Roadsters did exist, but if you don't believe me you can ask Phil Skinner, head of classic cars for KBB, which actually keeps factual records, based on used car sales prices, not just conjecture. The roadster is listed in all of Continental sales literature, a parts supply manual printed in the '40s and in the service manual.

Just because one isn't extant doesn't mean they weren't built. Geez!

Ha ha .. Didn't say roadsters didn't exist. We said they did right at the beginning of all this. What am I wrong about ? Put your glasses on, Sheesh. Your the only one arguing.

Gary ... does this not work for you ? TREETOPS40330@GMAIL.COM

We have sent an email for Registry info on the coupe.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club