Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New York Members, Need Your Help

Hi All....

If you are a New York resident this bill is important to you. Please help your fellow car collectors.

Ed Vomero forwarded this to me.....

>> Many of you may know about the legislation that was reintroduced into our state assembly to provide that historical vehicle owners only pay a one-time registration fee of $100. This would replace the current annual fee of $28.75.
>>
>> With the help of the SEMA Action Network, we can contact the members of the Assembly Transportation Committee and urge their support of this bill. SEMA has provided a full list of the members and their contact information within the link below.
>>
>> http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?content=aa_2015NY2&g=SEMAGA
>>
>> The Staten Island Region members are all writing the assembly asking that they pass this bill. I ask that you lead your regions to do the same, and go beyond your membership as we are by drumming up support from all the car owners that attend your car shows, cruise nights and other events.
>>
>> Our Governor is an car collector just like us. There’s no reason this bill shouldn’t go through, but we can’t take anything that happens in Albany for granted.
>>
>> Many thanks, and enjoy your old cars!
>>
>> Paul Arena, Jr.
>> President, Staten Island Region AACA
>>
>>
>

Thanks for your help......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Re: New York Members, Need Your Help

Typical New York, over tax the car collectors. The fee in NJ for lifetime registration of a car more than 25 years old is only $25.

Charlie

Where Are You From? NJ/CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: New York Members, Need Your Help

Wow. I thought I was getting a good deal at $17 a year.
-Todd

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club