Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1929 Rugby on Australian TV

1929 Rugby on Australian TV

While watching season two of Miss Fisher Mysteries in an episode called Marked for Murder I noticed what appeared to be a 1929 or 28 Rugby Touring car.
It had a lime green body with black fenders and top. There were 3 or 4 scenes with it clearly parked next to a building. I enjoy this TV show on DVD and always thought it would be nice to see a Durant in an episode, then the next time I watched here it was. The Durant appears fairly early in the episode that has Inspector Jack visiting the scene where a rival soccer team captain had been murdered.

The shows is as you guessed a Murder Mystery that takes place in Melbourne during the late 1920's and Miss Fisher is a beautiful and wealthy playgirl detective. She's easy one the eye and impeccably dressed to the nines and now the show has had a Durant motorcar in at least one program.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA USA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant Model 60 Rroadster, 1931 Durant Model 619 Sedan

Re: 1929 Rugby on Australian TV

Hello Rick, you certainly have good taste.
Miss Fisher is one of Pam and My favourite TV shows.
They have great vehicles, sets and costumes.
If you read Wikipedia, Essie Davis, (Miss Fisher) is quite an accomplished actress.

Frank

Where Are You From? Adelaide South Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Rugby Tourer & 2 project cars

The Durant Motors Automobile Club