Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: 2015 September Meet - Minnesota

Hey Bob, hope you guys had a great trip! Maybe everyone likes red. Is yours a factory color blue? I have a copy of the silent B/W film from the Leaside plant with them painting the cars with what looked like a garden hose with paint coming out it. Ours look much prettier, then they really did back then.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

COLORS
(Sport Models): Maroon, Mottled Maroon, Dark Blue, Radio Blue,Mt. Hope Grey, Military Tan....

These are the colors listed for the 1923 A-22 in "Durantcars"

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Not to sound ignorant, but what's the difference between maroon and mottled maroon? I assume the dark blue is like Ken Brink's A-22, but what is radio blue?

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A22 Touring, 1924 Star 'project'

I had wonderful time at the DMAC meet in Minnesota.
Adam and Ryan did the first class job.

Thanks for the good time.

Rick

Where Are You From? California

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 Roadster

Todd I was hoping my avatar would give away the third color (radio blue). The maroon cars were fitted with the beige tops, while the radio blue and grey cars received black tops.

Sometime in 1923 the sport line of A-22s was introduced...Adam's, Ken's and Bill's are sport models.. nickel radiator shell, disc wheels, trunk, step plates, motometers. They may have opened up the color options with the sport models also.

The disc wheels were an option available on the standard (painted radiator) models.

Where Are You From? Tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22,B-22,633

Good point on the radio blue! You can tell how observant I am. I am all the more tempted to go blue in my repaint since I already have a black top. I'm not sure my wife would be happy about that bright a blue though. My car was born a touring, but was largely 'converted' to a sport touring by the man who owned it for most of it's life. I have continued in that direction.

Another question though: what is the correct interior color? Were they all a saddle brown leather?

Thanks!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Todd I think the saddle brown was the color used on the maroon cars. I am under the impression black leather was used on the remaining colors (It matches the top). Does your car now have the truck rack and decorative bars on the rear of the body? Bob

Where Are You From? Tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22,B-22,633

That interior coloring makes sense. I know it would be wrong, but I really think saddle brown would look nice with a dark blue exterior. :-)

I do have the trunk rack and the decorative bars. Mine also came with wing windows and disc wheels. I have added a chrome radiator shroud, motometer, biflex bumper, and step plates. I'm not completely converted over though because my windshield frame and headlight buckets are still in black paint.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Hi to ALL: Cyndi & I arrived home late last night after a 4700 mile (no problems) round trip adventure. I think our Durant 6-14 didn’t mind being dragged along.

We explored the country before and after the Minnesota event visiting with family and past friends, but the highlight of the trip was the meet itself.

Adam and Ryan did a great job of keeping us entertained and educated with visits to the cathedral and fort. The banquet was outstanding and their control of the weather could not be matched.

As others have said we consider Durantonians part of our family and always enjoy spending time with all of you. We also are planning to be in Canada in 2016.

D J (Don) and Cyndi

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 6-14 Deluxe Sedan

I wanted to thank all of you at the meet that took the time to sign the get well and thinking of you card that was being passed around for my Wife Frances. She appreciated the thought and it helped both of us at a time of great concern in our lives with her life threatening health issue. She went through her 6 hour procedure yesterday and came out well. She will remain in ICU for today and hopefully go to a regular room for another day then home. Prognosis is good that she will recover rapidly. The well wishes from you all, even those that have never met her, helped tremendously. Thank You my Durant family.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Mike

Frances is part of the Durant Motors Automobile Club Family, and we will keep her in our prayers as she recovers.

Charlie.

Where Are You From? NJ/CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hi Mike......

So glad to hear Francis & you are OK.

The DMAC is family and we all look out for each other, that is what makes us what we are.

We may be from many different far away areas, but we are there in spirit with Francis and You.....

Cathy & Frank

---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Mike--sure missed you at the meet.
Long as your wife has recovered from her problems we are all happy. I had a great time as usual and kind of figure I will be forever known as -Yukon Jack- Guess my drinking has finally caught up with me- LOL I really don't drink that much--just act like I do
Made it home safe and sound again after a visit to family and friends in Ontario. Put another 10,000 kilometers on the old truck .
Hope to make it to the meet in Ontario next year but--we shall see.
Ken ( Yukon jack) McCormick

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yep

Ken, it would NOT be a meet without you and your bottle of Yukon Jack! Look how many people (especially the women) you have gotten hooked on that drink! So we hope to see you next year-especially since it is in Canada! (Maybe you can talk Norma into coming too)
And to all of you who usually come to the meet and didn't make it this year (Gloria and Ron, Trevor and Dee, Ralph and Judy, Mike, Gordon and Mary Carolyne, Jack and Mary, and Stephanie and Bob to name a few) We ALL missed your presence! Hope to see everyone next year!

Where Are You From? NJ and San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4 1928-31

1 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club