Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
2015 September Meet - Minnesota

I am still working out the Details of the Agenda, but I thought I'd post what I have so far.

Wednesday 9/9
- Check In

Thursday 9/10
- Scenic Tour to Historic Stillwater, MN (http://www.discoverstillwater.com/)
- (Working on arranging a couple activities while in Stillwater)

Fridat 9/11
- Tour Scenic old part of St. Paul
- 1pm Cathedral Tour (this is still pending - nothing definitive)
- 3pm Summit Brewery Tour (http://www.summitbrewing.com/)

Saturday
- 10am Historic Fort Snelling (http://www.historicfortsnelling.org/)
- 2pm Technical Sessions (need volunteers for help with this)
- 2pm Mall of America (http://www.mallofamerica.com/)
- 5:45pm Banquet / Riverboat Cruise (https://www.stcroixrivercruises.com/)

Where Are You From? Saint Paul, MN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

Re: 2015 September Meet - Minnesota

Hey Adam, sounds like a great time you have planned. Thanks for taking this on.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Sounds wonderful-can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Where Are You From? NJ and San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4 1928-31

Hey Adem. we are thinking of making our hotel reservations. Well we be able to check in a day early and stay a few days later at the special rate. Its only two months away Bert

Where Are You From? American Canyon Cal,

Do You own a car built by Durant? Stars

I think I will be coming to the meeting -- will soon make all the reservations. Looks like I will be on my own again . Norma says no not this time for her . I am still working on the old car and haven't got it all finished yet.
See you all in Minnesota
Ken

Wow, time is really catching up and just about two months away till our 2015 National meet. Who's all planning on coming? I know I'll be there.

Peg and I have our hotel, the registration form is on my desk waiting to be sent when I return from CA, and will be making airline reservations soon.

charlie

Where Are You From? NJ/CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Hi All....

Cathy & I will be there also. Will be great to see all the extended family of Durantonians again.....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

I'm still planning on the trip and looking for a car to pick up on the way. The '26 Star coupe derelict in Idaho has disappeared for the time being.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tx

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

We made hotel reservations and the check is in the mail for the registration. See everyone in September!

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Bjorg and I are planning on being there...The little Model 40 coupe won't quite be finished so will probably be bringing the A-22 touring...We have friends in the little town of Wabasha, MN on the Mississippi and are planning to visit them while we are in that neck of the woods.

Adam, thanks for what you are doing !

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes , several

My wife Rachel and I are planning on attending as our first DMAC event! Hopefully I will have my car mechanically wrapped so I can bring it. It won't be 'finished' nor as beautiful as the ones I see in the member photos, but it should at least get us around! I look forward to meeting everyone that has been of such great assistance to my efforts.
-Todd

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Vacation time approved and Reservations made.
I'll be there

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 Roadster

Todd and Rachel

Good to hear that you will be attending the Twin Cities DMAC, we are one big family, and you will be welcomed with open arms.

And we extend a big Rock Chalk Jayhawk to you.

charlie

Just made my hotel reservations and DMAC check will be in the mail tomorrow. Maybe I can find a car to bring with me.

Hey Todd;
It will great to meet you and your wife for the first time. You won't meet a nicer group of people! They're not a picky bunch and definitely not snobs. If you bring your car in whatever condition Durantonians love to look at them. Heck we've spent many an hour looking over a rusted out relic that someone has picked up and stopped off on the way to somewhere. It doesn't matter, shinny or rusty. We love to look at them.

Hotel Reservation: Done, check
Airline Reservation: Done, check
Rental Car Reservation: Done, Check
DMAC Registration: To be mailed later this month.

Peg and I are ready to go. Looking forward to a trip back to the Twin Cities.

Request to Adam and Ryan, please prepare a list of restaurants, brew pubs, and microbreweries for all of us to choose from. Peg and I land in MSP in time for lunch, and a brewpub close to the hotel would be great. Thanks.

Charlie

Cyndi & I have made our hotel reservations for the meet and will be bringing our Durant to the twin cities. We are planning an extended vacation both before and after the meeting, site seeing along the way.

See you guys there!

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 614 Deluxe Sedan

Reservations have been made, Check has been mailed for the DAMC meet.

Where Are You From? Muskegon, Michigan is

Well, I guess I better get off my butt and reserve asap....don't want to be only one missing it....

Where Are You From? s.e. penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 star trng

We have completed all of the steps

Hotel: done with a couple extra days
Airline: Done
Rental Car: Done

Arriving around noon on Wednesday, and looking for a brewpub for lunch, and maybe another one for dinner.

So, if you have not made your reservations, you may want to start.

charlie

Hey Adam and Ryan, how's the registrations coming in? The time is getting close and we only have about a week and a half to register at the hotel.

I am having trouble contacting the hotel to reserve a room -- Can anyone tell me what number I should call?? I tried the 800 number and got a recording that I could hardly hear and then it went dead. Remember I am calling from Canada so maybe that's the glitch.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Ignore previous note---I finally got thru and made the reservation.---Now all I need to do is find out if I can bring the money to the meet to pay my way. I mean the 100 for the club to pay the bills with. Trouble with registering so late--usually I am way ahead. Hopefully I will see you all there.
Ken

Okay Got my confirmation number and am assured of a room for the meeting --Will see you all in a few weeks Brace yourselves --I am gonna be there--
Ken-(yukon jack) McCormick

Hey Ken, we'll clear the way for Yukon Jack and warn all the Minnesotians that your coming. I got an email from Ryan and it looks like we're going to have a good number of cars and people.

More attendees needed:

As of right now, we have 8 cars, 25 registrations, 21 hotel rooms booed with a commitment from 39 people.

Last September, I mentioned wanting to do a river board cruise, but I wasn't sure about budgets. I budgeted for 50 people, and the River board cruise is basically a fixed cost, so I need 11 more people to sign up so we can pay for the river board cruise.

(hey -it's my first time organizing something like this, so I'm learning a lot here too)

If you're on the fence or not sure, or concerned about the deadlines, please let me know that you're interested, and I'll see you get added to the list. Remember you don't need to bring a car.

Thanks!

adam

Where Are You From? St. Paul MN

I'm looking forward to attending the meet. I'll be there a day early and know I will have a good time.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

An evening river dinner cruise would be superb. Count me in!!

Time for the remaining fence sitters to get moving; plan right now to attend and be prepared to have a great time. Let Adam know ASAP if you can attend so he can put the rest of the plans to rest and he can relax a bit. If you've never attended one of these, they are most enjoyable with a great down to earth bunch of people. You also pick up many valuable tips relating to your vehicle and you can meet people that can provide tech help later and there will be great things to see and visit in the tours. Call Adam now.

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

If anyone in the Pacific Northwest are in need of a car trailer, I have an extra that is available here in Leavenworth...Hey, I also have "Higby" running like an eight day clock since it met it's demise on one of them San Diego freeways at the Meet a couple years ago, and it even stops now! We could load that guy on the trailer and someone could take them both....Yukon Jack, are you up for some excitement?

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yep

Hello Bill
I am always ready for some excitement but--unfortunately I have a prior commitment. Cant go to Leavenworth to pick up car and trailer- I have a lady friend that has to go to Winnipeg and have said I would be the taxi for her. It would be a bit of a long trip if I was to go to winterpeg and then to Leavenworth then to the meet-- Too bad I didn't know earlier Might have been able to do something.
See you in Michigan
Ken --(Yukon Jack)

Hi all. Bunk beds paid for Got my wings refeatherd, viddles check is in the mail. If i flap hard enough I should get in a day earley. Sonia & myself are looking foreward to see yau-lle in about 3 weeks Bert

Where Are You From? on fire Calif.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Stars

It's just a friendly reminder that the hotel reservations are due tomorrow (Wednesday, Aug 19) if you want to get the block rate.

I'll be working on a restaurant guide that I should have published by the weekend for those who are coming early or staying late.

If anyone is staying Sunday, there is a Gangster tour available in St. Paul at Noon. There wasn't enough money in the budget to do a large group, but if people are interested, they can call on their own.

http://www.wabashastreetcaves.com/gangster.html

It's $24 / person and reservations are required. You can also call (651)292-1220.

adam

Was REALLY hoping to be at this one. It'll probably never be closer to Iowa. Would have brought my car too. But I have to be at a family reunion (wife's side) in southern Missouri on Sunday. Tried to think it thru in my mind but it just can't all happen even tho it is just a short jaunt to MN. So if I want to stay in the family, I'll be going in the opposite direction. Also getting ready for an elk hunt in MT the last 2 weeks of Sept. So enough of my excuses. I hope you all have a great time in Minnesnowta. My thoughts will be with you.

Wayne Farrand

Where Are You From? Iowa

Hi Wayne.....

Sorry to hear you can't make the meet. But understand the family event takes precedent

Enjoy the hunt also, but be careful of any tree stand!

frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 19 and counting !

We have a count of 43 people and 9 cars. :-)

I have sent in the count to the river boat cruise company.

If you're planning on coming, and haven't yet sent in your registration, please let me know.

The hotel has asked that we keep the trailers detached from the trucks so we have enough room. They are reserving some spaces for us. If you have jacks or blocks to help with loading/unloading cars that would be appreciated by the Hotel.

We are exactly 2 weeks out from check-in day!

adam

Hey Adam, me and Uncle Gary are looking for a Kosher Greek restaurant. Any ideas? I could really wrap my lips around an authentic Souflaki!!

I don't do much greek food, but there are a few options.

http://www.christos.com/

http://www.itsgreektomemn.com/menu.php

It has been hot with lots of wildfires all summer long in central Washington, this morning it is raining cats and dogs and we are heading out for Minisota....This has got to be a good omen...See ya'll in a few days.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yep

Pam & I wish you all a most enjoyable meet.
Adam, I am sure you will keep up to the high standard previously set.
We were at the Langley B.C. annual meet when you put up your hand to host a future event. Well done.
Wishing we could be there - perhaps next year.

Kind regards
Frank.

Where Are You From? Adelaide South Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1925 Rugby Tourer & two project cars.

The 2015 DMAC Annual Meet is in the history books........we had a great time touring the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, taking a dinner cruise on the St. Croix River, visiting a Catholic Cathedral, as well as all of the other places that we saw.

Several new faces and new members attended this years meet, it was great to see our new friends and members from Kansas and Ontario, and their cars....First time that we had 4-A22's at a DMAC meet, that was nice....

And as always, it was nice to see all of those that we only get to see once a year, and to play catch up with what has happened during the previous year.

We are looking forward to the 2016 DMAC in Canada, see you then.

charlie and peggy

I, also, thoroughly enjoyed meeting with everybody and riding in a couple of the A22's. The meet was well planned and coordinated and I particularly enjoyed the supper cruise. The trip back home was uneventful and smooth. The police were busy with other people and didn't bother me in the least. I left the hotel at 8am and pulled in my driveway just before midnight as a smooth 1000 miles rolled over on the trip odometer.

A great BIG THANK YOU to Adam & Ryan for an excellent meet.

Cathy & I really enjoyed the area and all the Durantonians!

It was a pleasure to meet some new members and see their cars.

See Y'all next year in Canada......

frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

I am glad most everyone had fun. It was an enjoyable meet for us as well, and it's always hard to say goodbye. I really look forward to next year's meet in Canada, and I'll be bringing my car unless something big comes up.

It's always nice to see such lovely people and the new people were a joy to meet as well.

I hope everyone made it back safely. We'll see you next year! Frank Reed - Maybe we'll see you again soon. :-)

adam

Hey, What a great meet! Thanks so much Adam and Ryan....Four Maroon A-22 Touring cars all in a row was quite interesting, as well as other great models were there....Bjorg and I are still in the area exploring the upper Mississippi with friends in Wabasha, MN....Should be heading back to Washington in the morning....Already looking forward to the next meet.

We would like to thank Adam and Ryan for hosting a very enjoyable and well organized meet and for providing great weather too! We had a lot of fun visiting the sights and it was nice to see everyone again. We arrived home safely last evening after a leisurely drive and a visit to the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners, MI.

We hope everyone will be sure to plan and attend the 2016 meet in Orillia, Ontario, Canada, September 7-11 and we hope to have most of the details for this posted on the website about January.

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario, Canada

As others have said-we REALLY appreciate all the work Adam and Ryan did to make this meet such a success! Everyone attending seemed to have a wonderful time. Personally, this is like our second family, and we cannot wait until we get together next year in Ontario! We know Brigit and Don will do an awesome job putting on next year's meet! IF you couldn't make this years- plan now to make next years! And to all DMAC members who are still traveling home-stay safe!

Where Are You From? NJ and San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4 1928-31

Hey Bill, I asked Frank if they painted the A-22's any other color but red. Seems to be a lot of red ones there. Ha ha.

Mike

Mike Actually I think the A-22 was available in three colors...but I have never seen a Grey one. These cars were manufactured and painted before they developed spray paint equipment.

Where Are You From? Tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22,B-22,633

What was the third A-22 color (besides red and grey) Bob? Also, I assume it was a maroon red, but what kind of grey? Are there any viewable color swatches on the internet?

When mine eventually sees the paint ship I would consider going to a different original color.
-Todd

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

1 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club