Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Rugby Truck

I stumbled across this advertisement on the HAMB for what is being called a 1929 Durant Ruby Truck in Ottawa, Ontario.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/29-rugby-durant-truck.950374/

Anyone know what the story might be? Interesting at least.

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Re: Durant Rugby Truck

Yep, Todd, its in Ottawa owned by Kevin West, who's taken the cab off the Rugby to put on his Chevy truck rod. We've had a few emails over this since Jan in trying to determine what model Rugby it was and info for the Registry. Orig he said he was going to restore it and decided not to. Its a Leaside truck with Brantford built body. Couldn't convince Kevin to keep the truck together and restore it, as he said, nor join DMAC. When he says lads, it's Steve L I cc'd on the mails. Steve and myself figured that was the intention all along to take it apart. As far as I know the chassis is for sale like he mentions, somewhat like Larry F's in Partner every mag. However I haven't seen it posted anywhere.

Here's a Feb 8 email and an April one

Hi Norm,
This week if you can meet me and I show you the truck. I look forward to meeting you and figuring out what I have. Yes I will join the club, its a shame the vehicles are not worth more. I thought I had a really rare unit....
Thanks
Kev

April 14 2015
Hi Norm
I will be taking the rugby body off and putting on my s10 rod truck. I will be selling the original chassis and drive train
I would rather it go to someone you lads know whom will not destroy it. This will take place in a month or so. Let me know.
Thanks
Kevin

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club