Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Passing of member Mike Larson

I first met Mike in the early 90's when I was looking for some Buick parts. He was showing me his cars and that is when I saw my first DeVaux.
Last January he and Rosalie were at the GEAA Officer Installation in Tacoma. I am glad we had a chance to visit a bit.
My deepest sympathies to Rosalie and the family.

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I first met Mike at the Portland swap meet where Mike had a booth set up, I purchaced the first part for my A-22 from Mike, an Operators Manual...Since then it seamed like I would cross paths with Mike and Rosie at nearly all the club events that we would attend, Mike was also an active member of the WOKR and the GEAA...Mike,Rosie and Gary Y rode shotgun at the Vancouver meet, we all had a blast all jamed in that little Durant touring car, don't know how we kept from getting lost....

We will all miss you Mike....Our deepest sympathies go out to Rosalie and Family.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Thank you everyone for your posts. As soon as someone finds out the details of the funeral arrangements we will post them here for those who are close and would like to attend. Mike was indeed a unique individual and I believe I first met him at the Ft Erie, Canada National meet. Over the years would see him at other Durant meets and on one occasion one day I received a call at my home. It was Mike who said he was at an HCCA meet in Mt. Dora, Florida bout 45 minutes away from my home and would like to have dinner. I drove over there and had dinner with Rosalie and Mike. Afterwards we sat on the porch of the old hotel where they were staying and talked awhile and had a pleasant evening. Many of us also had our vacuum tanks restored by him. He was known my many others for this service he rendered to other car enthusiasts. Mine is waiting patiently to be installed on my car, but I can tell you it looks like it just came out of the box. His work was excellent. As I said before, he will be missed.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Real sorry to hear of Mikes passing. If memory serves me correctly Mike attended the organizational meet in Hershey in 1998. He was a great contributor to the DMAC.
Our prayers are with Rosalie and family.
We will miss you my friend.................

Yates and Doris

Where Are You From? Newport, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint

We are so sad to hear of Mike's passing..
Our club cannot afford to lose men of his caliber..
He will be missed and he will be remembered by all
for the truly special person he was to the club and all it's members.
Rosalie, our entire group feels your pain and we share your loss.
Mike will have a candle burning in our hearts and memories as long
as there are Durant cars on any road.....

Where Are You From? PENNA

Do You own a car built by Durant? STAR

Hi all, Found out today sequents of services. Monday April 20th a small service at the burial site, to my understanding, for family and real close friends. On Saturday May 16th, a celebration of life will be held at The Red Lion hotel Vancouver @ The Quay, 100 Columbia St. at apprx. 1:00 p.m. Some details are still being finalized. As we get more information, we will pass it along.

Where Are You From? sunny calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? stars

Hi all, I forget to mention, anyone wishing to send flowers, they can have them sent to Park Hill Cemetery, 5915 East Mill Plain blvd., Vancouver Wash. The florist that we used was Seaside Florist in Vancouver Wa. There phone # is 1-360-694-3331. The Celebration of Life on May 16 will be starting at 2 pm not 1pm.

Where Are You From? sunny Calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? Stars

Hi Everyone-just got the following from the local HCCA here in Portland giving some more details on Mike Larson's services-

Dear HCCA Members,

I just received the following information about services for Mike Larsen:

Monday, April 20, 2015 @ 2 PM there will be a service at Park Hill Cemetery, 5915 E Mill Plain Blvd, Vancouver, WA. This is on Mill Plain and Divine; entrance to Park Hill is on Divine. This service is open to any and all who would like to attend.

A florist that is being used if you would care to send flowers is Garside Florist in Vancouver; phone #360-524-2878; talk to Brenda.

On Saturday, May 16, 2015 @ 2 PM a Celebration of Life for Mike will be held at the Quay Restaurant, 100 Columbia, Vancouver, WA; phone # 360-694-8341. For anyone coming from out of town the Red Lion at the Quay will have special rates for anyone coming for Mike’s Celebration of Life. Food will be served.

I just talked to Laura Hurley and she said Rosalie is doing OK at this time. She said she is a very strong woman and thinks she will be OK on her own. She does like hugs, so if you see her give her a nice hug.

Judy Dow
HCCA Phone Tree Chairman

Where Are You From? portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 60

Thanks Sonia and Phil for updating us, it is most appreciated!

Where Are You From? NJ and San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4 1928-31

Hi Everyone-this additional message just came up-

Just a short note to add to Mike Larsen’s May 16th Celebration of Life. Rosalie thought it would be a nice gesture if anyone who owns a bulb squeeze horn would bring it to the celebration and honk it in memory of Mike.

Where Are You From? portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 60

I have been going thru photos looking for something specific, and I have located several photos that I have taken of Mike and his DeVaux over the years.....while it may take me a few days to go thru all of the Durant Meet photos, I can do that if there is anyone that would like for those to go to Rosalie. And the answer to that is yes, who would like to get them so that they can be presented to her on a thumb drive or DVD.

thanks

charlie

Where Are You From? NJ & CA

Hi Charlie, Thank you for all your efforts. Please send us the dvd as we will be going to the Celebration of Life for Mike on May 16th. Rosie has asked us to put the photos together to be displayed at the service. Again thank you.

Where Are You From? sunny calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? stars

Sonia

I will work on it this week and get it to you, also Rick may have some as well since he is in one of the photos that I too of Mike's car...

charlie

Where Are You From? NJ & CA

Hi all:
Mike's obituary and guest book is at www.vancouverfuneralchapel.net.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

photo DSCN0571_zps2wsiifya.jpg

photo DSCN0869_zpslneqd2io.jpg

R.I.P. Mike Larson, Last time Jeanne and I saw him was July last summer at an open car meet. We were with the Packard club and ran into Mike with his 1930 Willys. We shared some time and lunch together. Mike also provided for me some continental engine info and specs. Jeanne did a nice portrait of him so I have posted it here.
Collectors like Mike are a rare breed,,He will be missed.

Keith N

Where Are You From? Kent

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 Durant

The Durant Motors Automobile Club