Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant seen on American Pickers show last night

Anyone else see the 1922 Durant show up in the guy Charlie's garage outside Boston last night. Yellow touring car, not seen the light in many many years. Picker Mike said right away when he opened the garage door "A Durant", and then passed over it to look at the Packard. Caught some shots of it through the show, sides etc. Another one stashed in a garage for years, looked all there. Who knows it may surface someday back to our world. Guy was a bit of a hoarder and not willing to part with things, it was a struggle for him. So it wasn't mentioned if it was for sale or anything.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: Durant seen on American Pickers show last night

Cathy & I also saw it. They showed no interest in it, too bad would have put some variety in the show.

Probably an A-22 touring. The side views looked like a lot of rust spots showing in the yellow paint.

Any of you North East guys know any more?

Maybe we should send the pickers to Texarkana!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Me thinks picker Mike was tipped off about what year the Durant was, I don't think that I could fling open a garage door and do that withought opening the hood.....It was pretty nifty seeing and hearing a Durant being mentioned on the show....I had to back up the replay several times to believe it.

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Over the last couple of years I've seen a couple on the TV shows, but not many. Wayne Carini of Chasing Classic Cars had a 614 Taxi Cab in one of his shows, painted yellow. I emailed him and he said he stored it and kept it running for someone who owned it. She is a club member, but it was not originally a Taxi, just painted up to look like one. The other was the motorcycle Show What's in the Barn, from the Wheels Through Time museum in Maggie Valley, NC where Dale is. I've seen a Star sign on his wall in shots. With Mike and Frank I've also seen a couple of Star dealership signs over the years at various picking locations. But not many cars. I agree with Bill, he had to be briefed before hand, as he would not probably have known what the Durant was. His "oh a Durant" isn't something someone recognizes right away.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club