Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Throwout bearing and u-joint lube

I put some heavy oil in my throwout bearing and now I have a mess! What are others using that doesn't "fling out" every where? Secondly, what to use in the spicer u-joints?

Where Are You From? Dalmeny, sk

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 R coupe

Re: Throwout bearing and u-joint lube

I am interested in getting this information too. I wonder if generic wheel bearing grease will due. I seem to remember telling me not to use any grease with molybdenum on these cars.

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

I don't know if we have the same type of spicer u-joints. But on my lube chart it says to use spicer grease. I think you should use some type of EP grease(extreme pressure).The red grease that is around these days or Lucas green grease should work. But it's still going to "fling" out at first. Ross

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

I have some red tacky I use on my equipment, I will likely give that a go for the u-joints. Its the thowout bearing that does the flinging.

Where Are You From? Dalmeny Sk.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 R Coupe

looking for a throw out bearing, have found a company that makes the rubber balls for the Spicer universial but was wondering if there was a place to get the repair parts

Where Are You From? Chehalis, Washington

Do You own a car built by Durant? Rugby X, grain truck

Gary;
Our President Frank W. has the spicer ball kits for sale. Contact him, probably would be cheaper than the company and they are complete. Any parts you need contact Frank first, if he doesn't have it he'll steer you in the right direction. He's Mr. Durantzone!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club