Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DeVaux

A 1930 DeVaux for sale at Motel T Haven.com

Where Are You From? Custer, S.D.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes a 1927 touring

Re: DeVaux

Dave, yes that 1931 De Vaux sedan has been talked about on forum before.

Gary mentioned Aug 28 2014
In the latest Hemmings I saw a add for a DeVaux in Kansas and yes it is the same one as the Enid Oklahoma one from Vanderbrink. Now owned by www.modelthaven.com.

Ross on June 11 2014
Gary-Yeah I got the auction result from the auction company's website(Van der Brink auctions)

This car goes back to March 2014 at least. under Re: 1931 DeVaux at Auction. I think Frank first alerted us to it before that, with a pic and later I added a different pic.

Car is becoming famous ha ha.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Re: DeVaux

David Coppess
A 1930 DeVaux for sale at Motel T Haven.com
From what I can see from the pictures this looks like a good car to restore. Not an easy restoration, but not starting with just a cowl and a doorhandle.The body and fenders look straight.You have the usual rust in the bottom of the cowl, you would have to make new side splash aprons that are complicated by having a raised reveal line. I'm sure you would be replacing most all of the body wood. It is missing three hubcaps, headlamp lenses and rings, radiator emblem and crankhole cover rear wheel for the spare(and hubcap here also), and some interior handles.There has to be a diminishing supply of vehicles from this era and especially from such a rare manufacturer. But then again, not to many of us left that want to restore one of these, or for that matter want to hotrod a car of this age. Ross

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

The Durant Motors Automobile Club