Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Restoring Old Gauges

I have been looking at my speedometer and wondering how and if it can be restored. Just recently I received an email suggesting I go to UTUBE and check out "1929 Willys Whippet First test Drive". I noted the beautiful job this gentleman did on his instrument restoration. I got hold of him and he is the newsletter editor of "The Running Board" the official publication of the Edmonton Alberta Vintage Car Club. He suggested I go to their archives at

http://clubs.hemmings.com/eacc/running.html.

Click on the April 2013 edition for information on how to make new dial facia. Not sure I have the patience to tackle this but this is a great resource for those who might.

Where Are You From? Kamloops BC Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star (being restored to a delivery service van)

Re: Restoring Old Gauges

Great subject Ken and thanks for sharing!

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Six Coupe - 1928 Star Six Sport Roadster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club