Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts/Chassis

I have stumbled onto a Star Touring chassis in a barn not to distant from me, and am considering acquiring it. The fellow bought it to make a rat rod out, but has gone a different direction. Pretty much has all the non-wood bits still there, but you can tell it sat outside for many years. I would be interested in perhaps making a speedster or somesuch period out of it since it's far gone and I have a good running W4 engine to drop in it. My question to the crowd is, how much is a reasonable offer for this car? I know it's more than iron, but I also don't want to be ridiculous.

I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures. They are what I got from him when I first found out about the car.

IMG955355

IMG955354

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Re: Parts/Chassis

Well, I've hauled a couple like that home. I would offer 200-350 for it.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Re: Parts/Chassis

Happy Thanksgiving Todd,

Looking at the chassis that you have posted is exactly what I have been looking for. I need the tin and the rear from that car. would be very interested to talk to you about it at your soonest possible moment. I could drive out there to pick it up. My phone number is 386-871-5223.

Thanks Bruce

Where Are You From? Daytona Beach, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1926 Durant Woody Star, Huckster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club