Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear wheel bearings

Anybody sourced a replacement for the rear wheel bearings? I don't have any good ones and need to find something suitable.

Thanks

Where Are You From? Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 D40 tourer

Re: Rear wheel bearings

Hi Shane-does your old bearing have a tapered inner race? If so it is the same as on my Model 60. The only place I have been able to source this bearing was a long time ago from Olcar Bearing Co. in North Carolina. He has no web site but his telelphone number is 910-693-3324. His name is George Bachleda. I also have a copy of an "The Old Partsman" article that covers an alternative bearing that a fellow Australian found. I can scan it and send it to you if you would like. Phil

Where Are You From? portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? Model 60

Re: Rear wheel bearings

Hi Shane,
Rear wheel bearings are available from AA Bearings in Melbourne, He had them in stock last year when I got mine, front and rear, reasonable price too. They advertise in restored cars.
On a side note, I'm chasing for my spare W5 engine oil pan, side covers, front timing cover, front pulley, oil pick up and flywheel, and manifold if anyone has one spare.
Kevin

Where Are You From? Portland, Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? D40 tourer

The Durant Motors Automobile Club