Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kauffman era license plate topper at Salisbury NC Meet

Hey everyone:
At the Salisbury Meet someone donated to the Museum a metal license plate topper from the Kauffman era of the Durant Star Owners Club. I for the life of me cannot remember who gave it to me. I remember sitting around the hospitality room with Frank, Rory and some others and the individual gave it to me for the museum saying they had purchased it at a flea market. I've checked with Frank and Rory and they were not the ones. If your out there or you remember who it was, let me know. Need to give credit to them for the donation to the museum.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: Kauffman era license plate topper at Salisbury NC Meet

Hi mike it was me that gave you the car topper. I got it at GRanby Quebec flea market last summer. Also with reference to noise from the 24 DURANT it was a connecting rod bearing. All new bearings were cast, machined and crank ground. All other parts were taken apart and put back together. Car has been back on the road two weeks after returning home. Saturday it will be I our local Santa parade.
Both cars are still for sale 1924 DURANT touring $17,900.00 and the 1923 Star touring Canadian made and I'm the 3rd owner since new. Also have original worthwhile from 1923 to 1930. $19,500.00. Dont ask about Lexington because its not for sale. Thanks

Where Are You From? cornwall Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 star (back doors installed properly) 1924 durant touring 1923 Lexington roadster

Re: Kauffman era license plate topper at Salisbury NC Meet

Thanks Real, I was having one of those Senior moments and could not think of who gave it to me for the museum. I'll make sure you get the credit for it when I post it on the museum web site. Glad to hear your car is back on the road again, kind of thought it was a rod or something like that. Good thing we didn't keep it running, could have done much much more damage. Probably would be a good idea to get the spark and throttle advance hooked up. I fear the hills and the extra weight of the passengers (I had eaten much to much at the buffet) did her in. It was great seeing you again at the meet, and thanks for bringing the car!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

The Durant Motors Automobile Club